cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

WiFi hub is faulty but talktalk is not replacing it

greazedlightning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

My fttc talktalk WiFi hub is showing a solid amber light. Nothing works. For the past few days I have been using a borrowed router from a neighbour and everything works at it should.

There is an ongoing ticket with talktalk (REP-12058504).

But this case is marked as fixed since talktalk monitoring systems show that my connection is working fine.

The technical support staff follow their dumb process of troubleshooting every time I contact them on chat and they never get to the point or understand that the talktalk router is faulty and that they should send me a replacement. Annoying experience with talktalk. When things are working talktalk is OK, but otherwise the support is dismal. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

@greazedlightning

I have posted on your other topic on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi greazedlightning

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router and a returns bag for the faulty one.

Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive. Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Peshy42
Participant
Private Message
Message 3 of 6

@greazedlightning wrote:

My fttc talktalk WiFi hub is showing a solid amber light. Nothing works. For the past few days I have been using a borrowed router from a neighbour and everything works at it should.

But this case is marked as fixed since talktalk monitoring systems show that my connection is working fine.

The technical support staff follow their dumb process of troubleshooting every time I contact them on chat and they never get to the point or understand that the talktalk router is faulty and that they should send me a replacement. Annoying experience with talktalk. When things are working talktalk is OK, but otherwise the support is dismal. 

I feel your pain I had the exact same issue Tech Team in Philippines not engaging brain refusing to send me replacement router without first sending BT Openreach to check issue when clearly it was router at fault, internet connection was fine when I used an older TT router. Debbie on this forum sent me a replacement router and all is fine…….except TT now want to charge me for engineers attending my property 10 days after I raised issue to fix an issue that was now fixed by sending me replacement router. Barking mad or what. TT are the pits when something goes wrong have been so for all the time I have been with them (12+ years)

AAP

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I will ask the TalkTalk support staff to investigate this for you. It does indeed sound like the router is at fault.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

greazedlightning
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

My fttc talktalk WiFi hub is showing a solid amber light. Nothing works. For the past few days I have been using a borrowed router from a neighbour and everything works as normal with the router is connected the same way as before. 

I have done all the trouble shooting steps with the talktalk router already, turning off for 30 minutes, factory reset etc etc. 

The technical support staff follow their dumb process of troubleshooting every time I contact them on chat and they never get to the point or understand that the talktalk router is faulty and that they should send me a replacement. Annoying experience with talktalk.

When things are working talktalk is OK, but otherwise the support is dismal. 

0 Likes