cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet speeds seem fine but no internet light on openreach box

Pooks
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

My elderly mother’s Openreach box has a green light on everything but the internet. No light on that and yet download and upload speeds seem okay when tested. I sometimes get ‘connected without internet’ on my phone and have to reconnect it but apart from that everything seems to be working. Is it simply that an LED has blown or is there something else that needs to be sorted out?  

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks for info Gilwmaeden2.

Message 2 of 5

@30121983Thas, there will be no staff on here before Monday. If you want to report it directly to Talktalk and have data on a smartphone, try Chat support after 9am on Sunday:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Otherwise, please start your own thread. The original poster has not yet had a reply from staff, and it's important not to muddle up your issue with theirs.

So, if you need staff support, please return to the message board and click on start a topic to begin your own thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

my Internet, not work,

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Staff will not be back on here before Monday, @Pooks.

The details in Personal Information in the profile area should be your own.

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....after completing Personal Information, scroll down to Private Notes and add all the details for your mother in there. Scroll down further still to find SAVE CHANGES. 

Or contact Talktalk directly, but you will need to pass security checks:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

It's worth setting up Power of Attorney or just Nominated User status to make it easier to act on your mother's behalf longterm. 

Also make sure that Talktalk knows she could be vulnerable if elderly  - check accessibility details in her My Account. This could help prioritise fault repairs.

Use the forum search engine for detailed articles on all the above. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes