cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet suddenly dropped last night

Micmic
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 14

761D57B4-E501-4041-8B94-650BDC06C32A.jpeg

My internet suddenly drop off last night. 

I tried following your instructions nothing help to solved the problem. I did trace route -d 8.8.8.8 is not able to reach your gateway. I also did a ping 8.8.8.8 same result. I’m very disappointed the service, the internet only installed 4 days!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Micmic

Apologies for this.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie,

Thx cos it happened again last night. internet dropped twice in a week.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Micmic

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Micmic
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 14

3FF23AD2-2EC7-4BC1-AF4D-66DB009709B3.png

Hi support, 

I think the talktalk WIFI HUB 2 is malfunctioning somehow. The Internet dropped and I did a factory reset and immediately solved the problem. Can I have a replacement of the Talktalk wifi hub 2 to solve the problem? If your end is normal. I guess is the TalkTalk WIFI HUB cause the internet dropped 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Morning,

Thanks for confirming this. I can't see any reported outages, however if this does happen again then please let us know.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Michelle,

The internet was back online, and the time of the internet descent was very similar to the last time it took about 12 .m. This time I followed the last technical support engineer to do a factory reset on TalkTalk Hub 2 but it was useless.😤 But when I woke up this morning, the internet was back. But your end shows everything is normal even the TalkTalk hub 2 shows solid white light.

looking at the log, I can discovered that your end DNS server is malfunctioning the router is not able to reach the DNS server. ignore the time and date, because the NTP never able to correct your TalkTalk NTP server.

Screenshot 2022-06-13 at 9.45.49 AM.png

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Are you still unable to connect at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Micmic
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 14

Anyone can help me now? Internet suddenly drop off like last time. Followed troubleshooting steps and factory reset the TalkTalk Hub still can’t get access to internet. TALK TALK Hub so solid white but no internet on my devices, iPhone MacBook, laptop 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Micmic,

The advisor may have been talking about DLM, the automated monitoring system used by Openreach on your line.  This can initially take up to 10 days to fully stabilise for a new connection as it applies different profiles to your line to find the best setting for speed and stability.  With your Fibre 65 service, this is in sync at 56mb and the profile has been set correctly now at 80mb to allow the line to achieve what speed it can.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Chris,

I have added the Talktalk Landline on my profile.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi Micmic,

Glad to hear that you've managed to get the problem with your Internet connection sorted out. If you'd like us to take a look at your plan could you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community Profile 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi Chris,

Thx for the reply. I called CS this morning. I did several troubleshoot with your CS and we found out the Talktalk router malfunctioned, after the factory reset on the router everything works fine.  The CS told me that my plan will be to upgrade to a more stable network and faster internet speed due to 14 days monitor period? Am I getting it right?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Micmic,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes