cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issue with drop outs since upgrading to Fibre 150 and using eero

Danad17
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hello.

Since I upgraded to Fibre 150 in September and got the Eero router I've been having issues with connection slowing or dropping out every morning (between 9-10am) to the point that I can't participate in work calls via Teams. It seems there is no issue with the service to the router so suspect Eero may be at fault here.

Have been working from home since March 2020 and never had an issue prior to upgrading to Fibre 150 and using the Eero router. Connected my old FAST5364 router and it's more reliable than the Eero. The issue with FAST5364 (a common one I read) is that some devices randomly lose internet access while connected to the wifi network so had to restart the router almost every day.

I've been using TP-LINK TL-WA850RE for over a year and worked fine with FAST5364 but hardly ever get internet connection when connected to the Eero network. For that reason my work PC is connected directly to the Eero but experiencing drop outs regularly. 

Anyone experienced similar issues with the Eero router?

Many thanks,

Daniel

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Keith. Yes, most likely it's WiFi interference. Yesterday I connected my work PC via an ethernet cable to the TP range extender I've been using for 2 years. Touch wood no issues yesterday and this morning. I've also reduced the range of the extender.

Thanks for the offer to help. If I start having issues again I will come back to this post. Have a great day.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

I suspect that it is WiFi interference then.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

I can help a lot with this if you would like me to.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith. Thanks for responding. I'm connecting via WiFi to the Eero router. I'm unable to connect via Ethernet as the router is on a different floor. I know that the distance from the router affects internet speeds  but I don't think that's the issue as I can be on a call for some time before losing connection. Didn't have drop outs with the FAST5364 router so suspect an issue with the Eero. Updated to latest firmware but that didn't help. Thanks. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

How are you connecting to the Eero, via a WiFi or wired (Ethernet) connection?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes