cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues with disconnects

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

A couple months ago I was having constant issues with DL speed drops. I reported this to Talk Talk many times to be told 'our test isn't detecting any faults' despite me contacting multiple times to raise the issue. They sent out a new router as I hadn't been upgraded, and this has since resolved the issue. However, since the new router I have been having regular disconnects when I get home from work, once or twice an evening. I'll be gaming and in Discord with friends, I disconnect from the game I'm playing, my voice goes "laggy" in Discord so I'm told, then I cut out, 10 seconds later I'm back like nothing happened. I'm on a wired connection to my PC, so wireless won't be the issue, although my wife has noticed similar issues and she is working on a wireless laptop, so there definitely appears to be an issue with the router in some way, as opposed to my line as I never had these disconnect issues previously, only when I had the new router to resolve the speed issues. 

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , I do indeed, want me to try and use the old one again and see if it continues or not?

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK

Message 22 of 35
0 Likes

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 35

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , just happened again now.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , I can confirm that this issue is still occurring,  happened twice yesterday through the day.

Cheers,

Jordan

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 25 of 35

HI JordanS

Sorry for the delay.

Is this still happening? I've checked the connection stats and the connection appears to be stable, I can't see any reconnections.

Thanks

0 Likes

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 35

Apologies @Debbie-TalkTalk , i've been on holiday and only recently come back forgetting I had created this post. This issue didn't occur previously with my last hub, I was experiencing speed issues then but the new router has resolved that issue, but since starting to use this one I consistently have connection drops entirely, it happened twice last night within the space of 45 minutes, so it does appear to be something with the hub rather than the line or socket in my opinion, as these issues didn't occur prior to me starting to use this one. You can send an engineer out if you think that would resolve the issue, but as stated I think it's something to do with the hub itself or the firmware on it potentially as it occurs on wired and wireless devices.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 27 of 35

Hi JordanS

How has the connection been? Would you like me to arrange an engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

Hi JordanS

Thanks for confirming this.

I have completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is the new router, cables and filter connected at test socket?

If the connection is dropping wired with a different router at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

Apologies I thought I already replied to Michelle below to advise. As stated in my original post, my pc is wired and other devices are wireless, it occurs on all devices.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK

Message 30 of 35

Hi JordanS

Can I just confirm, are all your devices connected wireless? Do you have any devices connected wired?

0 Likes

Message 31 of 35

Just as an update, it happened again a minute ago.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. The sync speed looks consistent and the connection looks very stable. Can I just confirm, are all your devices connected wireless? Do you have any devices connected wired?

Thanks

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 33 of 35

Hello @Michelle-TalkTalk , I have now updated my profile. 

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 34 of 35

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes