cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues with disconnects

JordanS
Team Player
Private Message
Message 35 of 35

A couple months ago I was having constant issues with DL speed drops. I reported this to Talk Talk many times to be told 'our test isn't detecting any faults' despite me contacting multiple times to raise the issue. They sent out a new router as I hadn't been upgraded, and this has since resolved the issue. However, since the new router I have been having regular disconnects when I get home from work, once or twice an evening. I'll be gaming and in Discord with friends, I disconnect from the game I'm playing, my voice goes "laggy" in Discord so I'm told, then I cut out, 10 seconds later I'm back like nothing happened. I'm on a wired connection to my PC, so wireless won't be the issue, although my wife has noticed similar issues and she is working on a wireless laptop, so there definitely appears to be an issue with the router in some way, as opposed to my line as I never had these disconnect issues previously, only when I had the new router to resolve the speed issues. 

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Morning,

I'm really glad to hear this. I'm just sending you a short survey via a PM now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 35

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk , touch wood, so far it's been all good since the firmware update. Will continue to monitor but yes it seems to have resolved it.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

Hi JordanS

How has the connection been ?

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

Hello,

No problem. We will also check back in with you on Friday to see how the connection has been.

Thanks

Message 5 of 35

Morning @Debbie-TalkTalk, thank you. I'm qt work in the office today but will monitor tonight and coming days to report back.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK

Message 6 of 35

Hi Jordan

UPDATE.

The firmware has now updated, please can you let me know how the connection compares now with this router connected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 35

Hi Jordan

Sorry for the delay.

I'm trying to make a change to the router firmware, is the router still switched on?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

@Debbie-TalkTalk  Just FYI, the new router is still disconnecting.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 9 of 35

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , the new router is all connected now.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 10 of 35

Hi Jordan

Could you connect the router again and I will check the firmware first.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk , we can give it a try, could it also be firmware related on the current 'new' router that I have? I haven't personally updated the firmware and last time I tried on the old router I believe this is something only you guys can do now as the firmware isn't available to download online anymore from what I found previously.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 12 of 35

Hi Jordan

Would you like me to send one more router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

With the old router speed drops frequently, too much for me to want to use. With the new one there are no speed drops, but disconnects instead.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 14 of 35

Hi Jordan

Thanks for your reply.

Is the speed lower at certain times?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Good morning @Debbie-TalkTalk , I can confirm that I've had the old router plugged back in for the last few days and I've had no disconnects, I've had speed drops as I previously did, but no disconnects.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK
0 Likes

Message 16 of 35
0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

Hi JordanS

Ok no problem. I just wanted to check in with you.

Thanks 

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 18 of 35

Hello @Debbie-TalkTalk , haven't been able to switch it over yet, I'm working from home today so will give it a try when I finish later this evening, shall then monitor over the coming days and will report findings here. Thanks.

MR JORDAN K SAYLIK

Message 19 of 35
0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Hi JordanS

Yes please if that's ok.

Thank you.

0 Likes