Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like many others can't connect to work VPN

Woody_32
Visitor
Message 12 of 12

Like many others, I am having problems connecting to my work VPN on Talktalk. I can connect via a mobile hotspot. I am the only one on Talktalk all other colleagues are with other providers & are having no issues, if that makes a difference. So to me the VPN is fine, the issue is with Talktalk. I have the updated version of the firmware, version SG4K100130 for the Sagemcom Fast 5364 router, which others have mentioned a causing an issue. I've tried a factory reset hasn't worked. 

Talktalk support just keep adding teamviewer to a safe list of sites and turning kid safe & scam protection on/off (I have load of email confirmations confirming this). Kept trying to tell them Teamviewer wasn't the problem, connecting to the VPN was & teamviewer isn't a VPN. So got nowhere with them.

Can also see that they have sent some people new Huawei routers which have solved the issue.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Woody_32

I'm so glad to hear this.

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie

Just received the Huawei router & the problems with the Sagemcom router not allowing me to connect to the VPN seem to be fixed.

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Woody_32

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

That's great thank you.

Message 5 of 12

Hi Woody_32

There's no charge for this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Just also thought, does this incur a charge? As I'm not paying for something that is not my error.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Woody_32

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Yes that would be fine.

Message 9 of 12

Hi Woody_32

Thanks for the additional information. Are you happy for me to send a Huawei hub for testing whilst we investigate the issue with the Sagemcom?

Debbie

0 Likes

Woody_32
Visitor
Message 10 of 12

Yeah it has been working fine for the last 18 months. Just the last couple of days since I got the update. I'm just using the windows 10 VPN client.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Woody_32

Apologies for this.

Can I just check, did this work ok prior to the FW update?

Which VPN client are you using?

Thanks

0 Likes