cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Link Rate reduced too 9997/39999 Kbps

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 61 of 61

Good Morning,
I noticed my broadband was running slow on the evening of the 28th April, when checking  on Friday the 29th I saw that my "Link Rate: 9997/39999 Kbps" this is much reduced from my normal rate which from memory was in the low 60Mbps

This morning Saturday the 30th April I ran a Talktalk speed test, where I got the following results

Speed to router 40Mbps, to my device 36Mbps download, 6Mbps upload, tested both wired and wireless devices

The guaranteed download speed to your home TalkTalk router is 49 Mbps

The chart showing the last seven days data to my router has been below 50Mbps reducing to 40Mbps from Monday the 25th April

My landline telephone has no "noise" on the line and is working as normal, though we seldom use it!

Can I ask that you investigate this reduce speed issue?

many thanks

John

John
0 Likes
60 REPLIES 60

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 41 of 61

Monday 9th May 18:11

Good Evening,
the Talktalk Speed test gives 41Mbps/ 6Mbps , speed to the router is 42Mbps

The guaranteed download speed to your home TalkTalk router is 49 Mbps

as before some sties are noticeable slow to load, one of the worse is https://www.talktalk.co.uk/help/servicestatus/

I'll check back again tomorrow ..

many thanks

John
0 Likes

Message 42 of 61

Morning,

I've checked the connection stats and it looks like the speed has started to increase again. How is the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 43 of 61

Sunday 8th May 11:20

I just checked the Link rate and it is reduce to 9997/39999 Kbps, I will disconnect my voice service once again

John

John
0 Likes

Message 44 of 61

Hi,

Great thank you and I will post back on Monday 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 45 of 61

Yes a checkpoint of Monday is fine for me ...  many thanks 

John
0 Likes

Message 46 of 61

Morning,

Thanks for the update. I can see that DLM has started to increase the speed over the last 48hrs so hopefully if the connection remains stable/errored seconds are low then the speed will continue to increase over the next few days. Would it be ok if we check back on Monday to see if the speed has increased any further?

Thanks

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 47 of 61

Friday 6th May 2022 09:05

Good Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk 
my link rate has increased to 11998/48999 Kbps and I also noticed the router uptime was only "Connection Uptime: 0 Day 0 Hour 6 Min 21 Sec"
so I assume you/Talktalk had rebooted the connection.

When running the Talktalk speed test I get 40Mbps/8Mbps a slight increase but below the "
The guaranteed download speed to your home TalkTalk router is 49 Mbps"

I have left my connection in the test socket but have reconnected my voice service ..

Please let me know your next actions to restore my broadband service speed

many thanks
John

John
0 Likes

Message 48 of 61

Hello,

Ok thank you for the update and I will check back in with you on Friday.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 49 of 61

Wednesday 4th May, 10am

Update, just received a call from Talktalk technical support, they have "reset my line" and will call back tomorrow ..

John

John
0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 50 of 61

Good Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I only connected to the test socket this morning at 8:40am 4th May,  I forgot to do last night!! 

I have disconnected my voice service at this time,   the initial connection is slightly up!

Link Rate: 9997/43999 Kbps

many thanks 

John

John
0 Likes

Message 51 of 61

Morning,

Thank you for confirming and we will re-check the connection stats again tomorrow morning to see how they compare.

Thanks

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 52 of 61

Afternoon @Michelle-TalkTalk ,

I will connect too the test socket this evening and at the same time I will disconnect my voice service, we don't use the voice service very much. ..  and we can see if the connection speed improves over the next 48hrs or so .. 

many thanks 

John

John
0 Likes

Message 53 of 61

Hi,

Thank you for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket for at least 48hrs so we can see how the speeds compare please?

Thanks

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 54 of 61

Moring @Michelle-TalkTalk 

> Is their any noise on the voice service? 

as I mentioned earlier I have no noticeable noise on the voice service 

>Does your main socket have a test socket please?

we have a Master socket 5C Mk4, this was fitted by openreach april 2021 when they investagted and fixed an issue we had at that time ..I believe there is a test socket behind the faceplate ? 

many thanks 

John

John
0 Likes

Message 55 of 61

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has been varying. Is their any noise on the voice service? Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 56 of 61

Hi @JohnC6 that's a shame, thanks for getting  back, sorry we didn't succeed. I think we should leave it now till the pros are back on Tuesday.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 57 of 61

Sunday 1st May 2022

Good Morning,
I unplugged the router for 30 minutes or so this morning, below are the results,

Link Rate: 11998/39999 Kbps

Speed to router 40Mbps
Speed to device 34Mbps, 8Mbps

So no  improvement ... 

John

John
0 Likes

Message 58 of 61

Can't promise success but worth trying, once🙂

0 Likes

JohnC6
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 59 of 61

Hi @Divsec,  I'll do the 30minute reboot tonight ... many thanks 

John
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 60 of 61

Hi @JohnC6 your post has been escalated and you should hear back on Tuesday  in the meantime you could try one 30minute reboot, this often resets the connection, in a positive way.

0 Likes