cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moving home - Phone support and online support unhelpful

Michael888
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I am moving home and attempted to sort the details online as the website suggests, but I received an error message saying this needs to be via phone or online chat. Every time I try online chat it says I need to login even though I am logged in.

I finally got through by phone after being advised to use the text service, on a different number to the one given on the website.

They're organised for my current broadband to be cancelled, then I was passed to someone else to sort setting things up at the new address. However, this was the wrong department and the person on the phone seemed annoyed at me for being on to the wrong department! I was cut off when they tried to transfer me elsewhere.

How can I sort this without ringing again? It was an awful experience and I don't want to passed around over and over again. I had no intention of leaving, but if this can't be sorted other than over the phone, I will do, due to the awful service.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Michael888

The only way to to solve this is to call us again. 

Sorry for any inconvenience 

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Not sure staff here can help as I needed the order number for confirmation.

I had an issue with the website hanging at the confirmation stage. After 10 minutes I refreshed the page, hit confirm and it went straight through.

Perhaps try again, and if no joy try a different browser.

You are in the staff's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
You can also add your account number in the private notes field, which only you and the support staff can view.
Please post back when done.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes