cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Moving house - Go live sooner?

GeorgeDavies1
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi,

I have recently exchanged contracts to move house, and am looking to take my TalkTalk service with me.

Unfortunately when I first tried to do this via the website it was throwing an error and gave me a number to call instead. When I called I was told to move house I needed to create a new account and set up a new contract, which I did (I am told this will automatically cancel my old one, hopefully this is the case, though I don't think I was asked for my previous account details).

When I set up the new account I was given a go-live date of the 12th of April, which is somewhat inconvenient as we move of the 31st March and both my wife and I work from home. I asked for a sooner date and was told they cannot change it themselves, but I should contact support after the contract is set up to get a sooner go-live date.

I then phoned support afterwards, and was told that once the go-live date has been set when the contract is set up, it cannot be changed.

There is no engineer appointment required, I am told Yodel will deliver me a router and all I need to do is plug it into the phone line and my service will go live. However this delivery isn't scheduled until the 11th.

Is there any way to get a faster date?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi GeorgeDavies1

The date given will be the earliest available date for an engineer and cannot be brought forward. 

Sorry.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Although a home visit may not be required an engineer will have to go to the exchange and fibre cabinet to connect your line.

As this is not done by TT staff, your go live date is determined by the availability of the contractor and cannot normally be brought forward.

0 Likes