cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My Frustrating Day at the hands of Talk Talk Customer Services

koppernob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 15 of 15

Arrange to stay at home until Openreach engineer calls, they need access to my property to fix the problems on my line.

08:00 Txt saying engineer has 'fixed' my line. Quick speed check and it's dropped from around 17mbps to <10mbps. Should be hitting around 34mbps

Online chat to TT for 20+mins  going round the usual hoops, just as we're getting to the resolution plan the session drops out with 'agent typing.......' message still visible.

Try again, different agent, same hoops, 40 mins go by, session drops out with 'agent typing.......' message still visible.

Tried phoning instead, first call went OK until I mentioned I was after an update of a 'fix' to a problem that has been re-occuring since February. Then the agent couldn't hear me so call was terminated.
Open Reach have been involved 9 times since Feb, they've replaced master socket, wiring to master socket, cable to modem and I'm on my second modem.

Second call, same hoop routine.  Instead of checking the account for any previously reported problems they have to test it again. So I disconnect everything as requested, agent then tells me to re-connect the micro filter, but I don't have one on my latest 5C master socket, it's integral. 20-25 minutes trying to get the agent to understand this but she couldn't, that wasn't on the crib sheet so kept going over the same step.

Eventually said she couldn't go any further and wanted to send me a new micro filter, then wanted to send me a new hub. So to get her to proceed I went along and said OK I've connected the micro filter. Asked me to reconnect the hub and guess what, now I have no service at all. 

Upshot is now it's come back on at  the same slow <10mbps and now I have to wait for Open Reach again tomorrow.

Sorry for the rant but had to get it off my chest 🤯. Thank god my contract ends 2nd Jan.

14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

koppernob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 15

Yes that's fine.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi

The fault is still open with Openreach from the 10th.  This has been passed to their second line teams and they are requesting an appointment to be confirmed. 

I've confirmed wednesday 15th AM (8-1).  Is this ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

koppernob
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 15

Hi Karl

could you tell me when the request was logged please? A request was logged last Friday to attend on Saturday but O/R did not show up.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi

Sorry for the delay, I'm showing an engineer request has been logged to Openreach for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

I've already booked two appointments on 10/12 and 11/12, neither of which were attended by O/R, despite me making arrangements to stay home for them

Please feel free to make another one, any day any time is fine, the sooner the better

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The latest update on the fault is that an engineer visit to the property (appointed engineer visit) is required. Are you still in contact with our tech team or would you like us to arrange the engineer visit here?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 15

That's helpful, thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

She did ask me to remove the plate but I assumed that was just to ensure the wires were disconnected, couldn't honestly see the value. When she asked me to insert the filter she'd already told me to put the face plate back and didn't seem to get that the plug on the microfilter would be too big to fit in the broadband socket. I have to admit it was a very difficult conversation, everything needed repeating multiple times on both sides.

I've unclipped it and added the microfilter as you suggested, download speed is still the same but I'll leave it like that in case anyone wants to remote connect. I seem to recall the master socket was replaced in July, then the wiring to outside my property was also replaced in August (using the O/R texts and dates)

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 15

@koppernob One thing to add, the test that the agent suggested involves unclipping the front plate which will remove the integrated filter and disable any internal wiring. You can then connect a plugin microfilter to the test socket which will be visible once the faceplate is removed and connect the router and phone to that. If you can do this and leave it like that it will help the support team here with their diagnostics when they pick this up. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 15

@koppernob, @AllyM was replying to @bulldog3 who needs to start their own thread. 

Staff will reply to you, the original poster, but are not available at weekends. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 12 of 15

This is my own topic and my contact details are available.

My issue is the download speed is running between 7-10mbps but TT say it needs an open reach engineer to resolve, they've not shown up for two appointments, online chat has also cut out twice before any progress was made, telephone calls are frustrating as the agents can only work from a script, any deviation from that and the agent cannot proceed.

I've had the same issue since Feb, speed starts good, gradually drops over the week until router needs rebooting. BetweenTT and O/R everything has been replaced inside my property, (Hub, wiring, socket). Unfortunately a reboot no longer resolves the problem.

So I'm stuck with a slow service that TT seem to think O/R is looking at when clearly they aren't.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 15

@bulldog3 , 

If you would like TalkTalk staff on this forum to help, you should start your own topic and give some details of the issues you are having. They generally don't work weekends though, so it may take a few days for them to reply.

It would also help if you make sure your forum profile is updated with your personal details and your TalkTalk landline number in order that they are able to access your account (don't post personal details on the thread though).

0 Likes

bulldog3
First Timer
Private Message
Message 14 of 15

Another day, another no show from Openreach. 

0 Likes