cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

My VPN connection to my office wont work with talk talk

daveburrows67
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hiya...

I have posted before but have never received a solution. Occasionally I need to connect to my head office at work through a VPN they set up. I have checked and it is the standard windows vpn that they use. When I connect using my phone as a hot spot there is no issue... connecting at a friends on Plusnet, no issue, but at Home on talk talk I cannot connect... please please can I finally get a solution to this, its causing me headaches having to keep using my hotspot when I need to connect to head office!!

Many thaks in advance

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi daveburrows67

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Did you use the new cables? Is the connection dropping when connected wired with the new router?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

When you tried the new router did you also use the new cable and microfilter (if required) that came with the new router ?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I received the new router and can access work vpn… the bad news is the internet keeps dropping out over and over and I keep losing access in meetings etc and when watching videos… I put the old router back and have no problems… any I could get the router replaced please?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Dave

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

daveburrows67
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

Hi Debbie,

yes please that would be perfect to try a new Router

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi Dave

I'm sorry to hear this.

Would you like me to send a different make and model of router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @daveburrows67,

Please can you confirm what model of router you are currently using, I know you mentioned it in your older posts, but just wanted to double check what you are using now.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.