cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Netflix doesn't show all UK content (using unblocker or proxy?)

cj1980
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Netflix UK account won't find "better call Saul" when connected to TalkTalk WiFi, but finds it on my phone's 4G connection? Then find it on 4G and switch WiFi backon, I get a playback error about a using an unblocker or proxy. I don't have a VPN or anything like that switched on. 

So on WiFi I can see Netflix content which plays fine, but it won't find better call Saul at all, and when I do find it using 4G and it plays, but the moment I then switch WiFi back on my phone, Netflix won't play as it thinks I'm using an unblocker or proxy. This is obviously something in TalkTalk settings in servers or the eero router. Please help! 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

I don't know specifically what caused the problem but switching the router off for 30 minutes forces the start of a new internet session so it's possible that something changed but the change didn't take effect until you switched the router off for 30 minutes forcing the start of a new session

Chris

0 Likes

cj1980
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle

Yes have done that now,.seems to have fixed the issue. Do you know what caused it, that restarting the router would have fixed? Is this something I will need to do often? 

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Did you also try the 30 minute router power down?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Sony bravia android TV and pixel android smart phone. Same thing happens on both. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hello,

Have you also tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

What device(s) are you using? 

0 Likes