cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband?!! No Broadband!!!

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 74 of 74

I am in a very hard place atm and wondering if someone can help.

I am a new customer moving over from virgin and tbh its the worse decision ive made. My "Go Live" date was the 25th February and to this hr i still have no connection

TalkTalk are saying its an issue with BT line outside my house and dont want to deal with it and nothing to do with them but yet im hearing nothing from anybody! Its a disgrace. I have no idea what to do? Maybe ombudsman 

0 Likes
73 REPLIES 73

Message 1 of 74

Hi @SteHul91

It look like there where admin fees applied after your refund, I have cleared the charges and the balance is zero and account fully closed. 

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 74

I'll re-escalate this for you, @SteHul91.

Hopefully staff will pick this up today  - otherwise, please look out for a response after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 74

Why on earth am i still being hounded for payments and recieving final warning notices. When i cancelled months ago. Its an utter joke of a company! 

Ref: FDD/C-20220625-11079

0 Likes

Message 4 of 74

End of contract and TT had a better deal. Nothing more. Customer service has been no exsistant 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 74

@SteHul91 wrote:

Yes extra points in stating the obvious. Whats the point? 

The point is that you must have been having some serious problems with your service from Virgin to make you leave them, but now they seem to be brilliant.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 74

Yes extra points in stating the obvious. Whats the point? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 74

@SteHul91 wrote:

I am with Virgin fibre now and it has worked fanstastic since day 1.

If I'm not mistaken, you stated at the beginning of this topic that you left Virgin to come to TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 74

Refunds are not automatic, but if you dont have access I will contact our cashiers department to process it. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 74

I dont have access anymore.

Why am i having to ask and chase up a refund? 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 74

Hi @SteHul91

Sorry that you had problems. 

The payment you made in March will be returned. 

If you have access to My Account you will be able to request a refund. 

Regards

0 Likes

Message 11 of 74

Thank you. It is always me who is doing the chasing like you have mentioned 25th of March since a proper update! Im the 1 asking questions nobody comes to me and says "This is what we will do for you" its "heres another bill that is due to go out on..." they have taken 1 months worth of bill with still no refund and was going to take more. i had no option than to terminate my contract with TT as my job was being put at risk with no internet connection. I am with Virgin fibre now and it has worked fanstastic since day 1. Its a disgrace 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 74

@ferguson wrote:

I don't quite understand what/why you have been charged if your service has not gone live? And of course you are free to cancel if you are not prepared to wait any longer. 

In an early post on this topic, a member of staff stated that it was being treated as a "fault" rather than a delay to go live, so I would guess that would be why the customer has started being billed. The they should of course be due quite a substantial amount of compensation due to the length of time it is taking to rectify, but as you will be aware, that will normally not be paid until after the fault has been fixed. Personally, I would have thought it better not to cancel as I'm not sure how the automatic compensation system works if the customer leaves before the fault is fixed. As well as that, if they leave, who are they going to go to? All other ISPs use the same Openreach network so they are still not going to get broadband until Openreach have fixed the fault. Last update staff posted on this topic was the they were due to start work on replacing cabling on the 25th March, so not sure how that is progressing.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 74

OK, just that seems wrong, I have never across that before. Have you responded to Arne's PM? I will leave you in his capable hands. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 74

They took 1 month payment from me and then tried to take another month/payment

0 Likes

Message 15 of 74

I don't quite understand what/why you have been charged if your service has not gone live? And of course you are free to cancel if you are not prepared to wait any longer. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 74

CISAS via emal. Why im having to chase up a refund for non exsistent services is another low 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 74

@SteHul91  TT do not use an Ombudsman service and even if they did they would not offer advice.

Who gave you that advice ?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 74

Hi @SteHul91

I can help with this I first need to confirm some security questions

I have sent you a PM on the community

Regards

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 19 of 74

Services have been cancelled on advice from ombudsmen. Still awaiting refund on my first payment which was taken and bank cancellation to direct debit and monies was still trying to be taken even after cancellation 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Have you cancelled your service with TalkTalk?

0 Likes