cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE SPEED AND NO RESOLUTION

Emmas2014
Team Player
Private Message
Message 39 of 39

Our internet speed is beyond ridiculous making working from home or watching the tv virtually impossible.

Having spent a frustrating today trying to get someone to do something this is still not resolved.  I got cut off from chat several times due to a poor connection (wonder why that could be) and when I was reconnected the whole process had to be started again.  I also had to undertake several diagnostic tests one of which involved a screw driver. Maybe I should get a job at Talk Talk as I  have spent the best part of the day as an extension of your technical team. This might be a good option having been unable to perform my own job today.  The end result was we've done everything we can it must be your devices. Apparently this is supposed to be an acceptable response. For the avoidance of doubt it is not. 

I have been trying to change the Wi-Fi channels but the speed is so slow that I cant even do that!

I am no longer paying for this sh*t service and will be cancelling this months Direct Debit. No doubt TT will get a message to me about the payment at the speed of sound!

38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

If you have tested with a different router then this is likely wireless interference affecting the connection.

Do you have the router located near to any devices such as cordless handsets?

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off for your line, please can you try the wireless channels one more time?

Emmas2014
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 39

I changed channels last week it didnt do anything am not doing it again. Are you proposing that the answer it to sit in my hall way working all day in manner of dial up days? As per my previous message the wired test was fine so the wifi is the issue. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

If you connect wired first so the connection is stable and then change the channels.

If you stay connected wired for now, are you able to use VPN and connection ok?

0 Likes

Emmas2014
Team Player
Private Message
Message 4 of 39

I tried that last week it had no effect plus the speed on my lap top is too slow to access the router. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

Is the connection working ok when connected wired?

You could try some different wireless channels Change your wireless channel

0 Likes

Emmas2014
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 39

The wired speed is 20.9 and back om the wifi is 12.2. Please confirm whether anything can be done about this today.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

Apologies for this.

If you contact our Loyalty Team then they can discuss cancelling your service.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

I tried this last week and had no signal at all. I have now missed 2 meetings this morning and am having to use my phones hot spot to get anything done. I do not have time to continue to carry out these tests when clearly there is an issue with this service. An easier solution would be an agreement to end the contract so that we can procure a better service whereby i dont have to waste my day carrying out internet tests!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

Could you connect wired to your laptop using the ethernet cable so we can see if this is just affecting the wireless?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

I did that then my lap top speeds were so bad it could not connect to any browsers as per the below and my laptop could not even run a speed test. The only way to get on to a browser is to disconnect the vpn.

The results of the laptop speed test are below. I shall look forward to explaining to my employer that yet again i am unable to work from home because of the tragic internet service!

Emmas2014_2-1658738312852.png

Emmas2014_1-1658738222308.png

Emmas2014_0-1658738195690.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

Please can you reboot your router?

0 Likes

Emmas2014
Team Player
Private Message
Message 12 of 39

VPN is connected but the speed is too low for me to be able to work properly. 

Emmas2014_0-1658736453120.png

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

The sync speed is showing as 23.1mb.

Please can you test the VPN connection and then run a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

Is VPN now working?

I will take a look at the speed.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Our internet speed is now 3.7mb, this is ridiculous! I have rebooted my laptop and it is working very slowly but the speeds generally are unsatisfactory. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

All updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

0 Likes

Emmas2014
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 39

yes can this be done as soon as possible as i am currently unable to use my laptop and i have meetings this morning. 

Message 18 of 39

Hi Emmas2014

I can make a change to the firmware this morning, will this be ok?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 39

The replacement router has arrived. Miraculously in the morning before it arrived the speeds start to increase from 6mb to around 19mb. Since receiving the new router things have remained around the same though most of the time its around 15 - 16mb which is still not the contracted speed. Am now trying to use my laptop and connect to my work VPN and the problems continue. I have seem some posts about updating the router's firmware, is this something you can do?

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

Morning,

Has the replacement router arrived?

Thanks

0 Likes