cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband?!! No Broadband!!!

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 74 of 74

I am in a very hard place atm and wondering if someone can help.

I am a new customer moving over from virgin and tbh its the worse decision ive made. My "Go Live" date was the 25th February and to this hr i still have no connection

TalkTalk are saying its an issue with BT line outside my house and dont want to deal with it and nothing to do with them but yet im hearing nothing from anybody! Its a disgrace. I have no idea what to do? Maybe ombudsman 

0 Likes
73 REPLIES 73

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 61 of 74

Thanks 

Message 62 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Openreach wont provide a daily update as they have provided an estimated resolution date and are working to fix this external complex fault.

I will check the fault again today to see if any additional updates have been provided and if they have then I will post them on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 63 of 74

@SteHul91 you've already been advised of the expected completion date, it's in the hands of Openreach, there is no point hassling staff here.

You should get some compensation when it is all fixed, put "automatic compensation" in the search box at the top of the page for a little light reading.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 64 of 74

No but what you could possibly do is get on the phone on a daily basis asking them whats going on  trying to find out whats taking them so long. What im doing to you as nobody is telling me anything. 

0 Likes

Message 65 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Unfortunately we have no control over the work required or the time it takes to resolve this fault.

If Openreach had not picked up this fault to investigate then we could escalate this but they have and are working to fix this.

Openreach have identified the fault and are working to resolve this as quickly as possible, we can't change their estimated resolution date.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 66 of 74

Im an online gamer - which i cant do 

I have monthly stremaing subscriptions - i cant use 

Im supoosed to work from home - which i cant do. 

But i have tonwait until the 16th March to see if i might have broadband. Why are you not ringing BT and saying we have  a customer here? As our duty we need this fixing now 

0 Likes

Message 67 of 74

Hi SteHul91

I am sorry for the delays.

As per the notes from Openreach this is a complex fault which can't be resolved in one day. Openreach are working to fix this fault as quickly as possible.

This is now a fault and not a go live delay. 

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 68 of 74

This is what im really struggling to get my head around.

Why as my serice provider is more not being done? Why are you not getting BT to fix this Today, Tomorrow? My "Go live" date was the 25th February. How is please check on the 15th March remotely acceptable when in this day of age peopke are still required to work from home. Its impossible 

0 Likes

Message 69 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Thank you. 

I can see that this fault is with Openreach. They have advised that work is needed to be done on the complex distribution point side and the complex engineering team will be working on the job to get it resolved.

The completion date of work is set for 15/3/22 please review it on 16/3/22.

Thanks

Debbie

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 70 of 74

Done 

Message 71 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 72 of 74

Done

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 73 of 74

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes