cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband?!! No Broadband!!!

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 74 of 74

I am in a very hard place atm and wondering if someone can help.

I am a new customer moving over from virgin and tbh its the worse decision ive made. My "Go Live" date was the 25th February and to this hr i still have no connection

TalkTalk are saying its an issue with BT line outside my house and dont want to deal with it and nothing to do with them but yet im hearing nothing from anybody! Its a disgrace. I have no idea what to do? Maybe ombudsman 

0 Likes
73 REPLIES 73

Message 41 of 74

Hi SteHul91

We can't phone the engineer directly and even if we could this would not resolve this fault any faster.

Openreach are aware that we requesting updates on this fault and they are providing us with an update.

Estimated resolution dates can change depending on the work needed and the engineers findings as they may come across a complication that they were not previously aware of.

Compensation will be applied once the fault has been fully resolved.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 42 of 74

I came around to the fact that it was a "complex fault" but a "completion" date was given for yesterday. This is folllowing an "Engineers" report on the "28th Feb" to which an engineer has turned up yesterday with (1) not enough cable and (2) now needs more engineers. Surely to god they know this from the engineer on the 28th of Feb. Dont forget my "go live" date was the 25th Feb. But yet all you can do is press refresh because its not your problem and its Openreach 

This is amateurish at the very best!! 

0 Likes

Message 43 of 74

Hi SteHul91

I should hopefully have further updates this afternoon

If this was a straightforward fix then this would have been resolved a lot earlier. Openreach have advised that this is a complex fault.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 74

More cabling and more engenieers. But yet a completion date was set for yesterday. Surely they should of known this already. Its awful. Why is nobody picking up the phone. 

0 Likes

Message 45 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Openreach have now advised that the engineer has been to site and more cabling is required and additional engineers.

I will check on this again this afternoon for updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 46 of 74

Completion date of today not met 

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 47 of 74

Updates updated? 

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 48 of 74

Yeah box is still flashing amber 

0 Likes

Message 49 of 74

The latest update from earlier today is still showing a completion date of today. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again for updates

Chris

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 50 of 74

Ive heard nothing 

0 Likes

Message 51 of 74

Hi SteHul91,

How are you getting on. Have you heard anything from the engineer?

Chris

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 52 of 74

Will i get an update by the end of the day? 

0 Likes

Message 53 of 74

Hi SteHul91

You'll receive compensation if you experience a total loss of service, delays to the start of your service for phone and broadband orders.

Further information can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 54 of 74

I honestly cant believe you have taken a payment out of my bank 

0 Likes

Message 55 of 74

Hi SteHul91

I will check on this fault again tomorrow as Openreach's notes advise that the engineer is scheduled for 15/03.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 56 of 74

@SteHul91 ,

The point is that TalkTalk are not dismissing your problems or refusing to deal with it. They have done everything in their power. If Openreach have said they can't get the work completed until a particular date, there's nothing the ISP can do to make it happen faster.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 57 of 74

I am blaming TalkTalk becuae they are my service provider who are not providing a service. What else. You wouldnt buy a TV from currys or argos and have them turn around and say im really sorry but deal with it, the problem is with Samsung not us 

0 Likes

Message 58 of 74

@SteHul91 wrote:

TalkTalk the gift that keeps on giving 

I can appreciate how frustrating the situation is but not sure why you are blaming TalkTalk. It's an issue with the Openreach network and you would be in the same position had you gone with any of the ISPs who rely on Openreach to provide the infrastructure for their services.

TalkTalk are passing on the only information Openreach are willing to provide to them regarding the estimated resolution time.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 59 of 74

Yet another weekend with no broadband.... TalkTalk the gift that keeps on giving 

0 Likes

Message 60 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Openreach have provided the below update today

ENGINEER SCHED FOR 15 MAR.

No additional information has been provided. I will check this again on Monday.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes