cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband?!! No Broadband!!!

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 74 of 74

I am in a very hard place atm and wondering if someone can help.

I am a new customer moving over from virgin and tbh its the worse decision ive made. My "Go Live" date was the 25th February and to this hr i still have no connection

TalkTalk are saying its an issue with BT line outside my house and dont want to deal with it and nothing to do with them but yet im hearing nothing from anybody! Its a disgrace. I have no idea what to do? Maybe ombudsman 

0 Likes
73 REPLIES 73

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 74

Nope. Still no refund on money taken. Still no compensation. Still trying to take money from me. Absolute joke 

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 74

Just wondered how you are getting on? Have Openreach made any progress getting this fixed for you?

0 Likes

Message 23 of 74

Hi SteHul91

I've checked for an update on this fault and Openreach have provided the below:

The fault has been identified on the underground cable and a team of engineers are required to replace the faulty cable. Work should start by 25/03.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 74

@SteHul91 ,

Just my personal opinion, I can't understand why you would be thinking about cancelling your contract at this stage.

The way I see it, if it were me:

cons:

• Need to make sure they refund payment already made
  • Need to make sure early contract termination charges don't get applied
  • Would cancelling mean danger of never seeing compensation payment which is clocking up all the time?
  • Won't get connected any quicker (possibly longer by time switching process completes)

pros:

• Can't think of any

0 Likes

Message 25 of 74

Hi SteHul91

To place a cancellation you can call our Customer Loyalty Team during Business hours on 03451 720088

Just to make you aware, this fault will still be present with a different provider until the fault has been fully fixed by Openreach.

Thanks

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 74

How do i go about getting my contract cancelled? And money that has already been taken from my account refunded? 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 74

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 28 of 74

So another further delay and all of a sudden you can now escalate it? 

0 Likes

Message 29 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Yes, Openreach have provided the below update.

The job is with the second stage team in action status I am escalating this to patch lead it will take 24 to 48 hours for update on this, 

Next update will be on 21/03/2022.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 30 of 74

Any news? 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Yes, Openreach have provided the below update.

The job is with the second stage team in action status I am escalating this to patch lead it will take 24 to 48 hours for update on this, 

Next update will be on 21/03/2022.

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 32 of 74

Any update? 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 74

Hi SteHul91

You would need to complete a Subject Access Request. Further information can be found here

0 Likes

Message 34 of 74

Thanknyou for your reply and help

0 Likes

Message 35 of 74

Can you please email me the transcript/communication you have had between yourselves and BT openreach? 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 74

@SteHul91 CISAS will only adjudicate after the ISP's complaints process has reached deadlock.

If you call TT and cancel I am sure they will refund you whatever you have paid.

If you can wait for Openreach to do the repair and get you connected then you should be in for a shed load of compensation.

Neither TT or Openreach have done anything illegal.

You have just been unlucky that the local infrastructure has a major fault.

Message 37 of 74

Hi SteHul91

Openreach provide estimated resolution dates and these can change depending on the work/fault.

As previously advised compensation will be applied once the fault has been resolved.

About your auto compensation credit

I have also linked to our Complaints process here RAISING A COMPLAINT

0 Likes

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 38 of 74

The fix date has been breached and now extended a further 48hrs. This is truly unacceptable. I will now be contacting CISAS! And what happens to my money thats been taken from my account? 

0 Likes

Message 39 of 74

Hi SteHul91

The latest update from Openreach is below:

Please be informed that 160Meter cable renewal is required and taskforce will take 48 working hours for completion. This is the current schedule for the task.

Please review on 17/03/22.

SteHul91
Team Player
Private Message
Message 40 of 74

Yes you cant ring the engineer but you can ring openreach and ask them what the hell is going on or playing at. It is not on. You have taken a direct debit from my account. Ombudsman would laugh at you its illegal. Its 3 werks with no internet. This day of age its completely and utterly disgeaceful and not acceptable 

0 Likes