cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Network error

Artemis77
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Everything has been good until this week and then some services such as youtube google home and xbox stopped working. Open reach engineer confirms no issues with the connection. Unable to connect to work via VPN even when hard wired into router. Maybe some permissions have been blocked. Once had a similar issue from work. Allowing IT permissions sorted that problem so are some talktalk permissions blocked? Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

OK, you have either the Sagemcom FAST5364 or the 5464 Hub 2 router. You say that the speed looks good, but I need to be sure is this with the VPN connected or disconnected? You say that there are problems with some devices directly connected - do you mean via Ethernet cables? When you say that they don't always connect, again is this via a VPN connected or disconnected?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Artemis77
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

New Sage router. Not sure of work VPN, Speed looks good, but. Various devices including some directly to the router sometimes fail to connect. This message is sent via the mast because the phone wouldn't wifi however the wifi laptop is connected. Ruled out cables, interference and Openreach can't find a fault. Appears to be a latency issue or blocking because some sites, such as xbox, occasionally springs to life.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Artemis77 

I need some more information to be able to help you:-

1. Which make/model of router are you using?
  2. Does the internet connection work OK if you do not use the VPN?
  3. Which VPN client are you using?

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes