cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Poor Wifi Signal in upstairs rooms

EmmaS20007
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

My wifi works fine in the living room where the router is located, however in all rooms upstairs & in the kitchen we have very poor signal. The kitchen not so much an issue as we just use our phones in there sometimes. However upstairs is a problem. We have 3 bedrooms all with smart tvs/firesticks and have difficulties watching TV on apps such as Netflix & Disney+. 

There is constant buffering, error messagings stating no connection. This is a daily occurrence in all 3 rooms. There are 5 of us living here so it is extremely frustrating, especially for the children when trying to watch TV on an evening. I bought a booster which is connected in the bedroom above the living room where the router is, but it doesnt really help

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hi @EmmaS20007 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. Alas some boosters can make things worse.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers a lot more from interference than the much faster 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

In other words, I try to help you optimise your Wi-Fi connection. If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router & booster as requested by Michelle that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Morning Emma,

I'm sorry to hear this. Which make and model of router and booster are you using please?

@KeithFrench  Would you be able to offer any advice please?

Thanks

Michelle