cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New Firwmare update to SG4K100136 has broken VPN and Ookla performance testing

Kevin_1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

It appears that my router firmware was updated lat night and as of this morning I can no-longer connect via openVPN to any external services!

This happened previously and we had to get a new router sent out with an old version of the firmware to resolve!

Does anybody know if there's a workaround with the current version of firmware to help resolve.

Also less important but Oookla speed test app either on phone or on a PC no-longer works as well, which also happened previously.

Router: FAST5364 3.00

Software: SG4K100136

GUI: 5.6.1

Kevin

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @steviejay

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

steviejay
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Why are these things rolled out unannounced?

I think mine's just been updated 6am this morning and my throughput is suffering (I noticed it before I noticed the firmware). Hasn't affected Speedtest app (iPhone) but Powerline speed has dropped to 15.5Mbps where it was 40+ (limited by VDSL line speed).

The Powerline link speed is unaffected (599Mbps) so it's the router.

Message 3 of 9

Hi Kevin

I'm glad to hear that this is now working.

The issue you have experienced is only affecting certain VPN clients. Our Products Team are aware of this and have advised that the next FW will be fully tested for this issue before the next roll out.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Debbie,

I have checked and everything appears to be back working as it should, thanks for the quick fix.

The issue does however make me wonder how we avoid the same thing in the future as it has a reasonable impact on my service, I'm all for new improved software but there's clearly something in the newer releases which don't play well with the likes of openVPN and other software.

Regards

Kevin

Message 5 of 9

Hi Kevin

All updated 🙂

Please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Kevin

Yes no problem 🙂

I will start the update at 10:30 and post back to confirm once it's been completed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Kevin_1
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie,

Can this be done at 10:30 this morning as that would be the best time for me?

Kevin

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi Kevin

Apologies for this.

I can make a change to your firmware version.

When would be the best time for us to do this update? We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This usually takes no longer than 15 minutes.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes