cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

New fibre broadband installed. Now no internet. Flashing orange and white light

Ucb123
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

New fibre broadband installed today between 11am and 1pm. 

Now router is flashing orange and white. 

Need Internet to work as I have work to do tonight before tomorrow!!! I have very limited data left on my phone too so help quick!

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Ucb123,

Just to confirm, do you have an Ethernet cable running from the wan port on the router to the Ethernet port on the ONT?

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 17

@Michelle-TalkTalk The customer is on Full Fibre now judging from previous information. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Everything is connected fine, router is switched on. The socket is a NTE 5C MK 4 i think. But thats redundant now as they installed a whole new one when upgrading me to fibre. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is the router currently switched on and connected at the moment? Do you have a dial tone? Which socket do you have please?

Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Neither my personal laptop nor my work laptop has an ethernet port unfortunately. 

This is the router model I think Huawei-DG8041W

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 17

The ONT is the Optical Network Terminal i.e. the black box on the wall. Do you have a device such as a laptop with an ethernet port that you could connect directly to that, taking the router out of the system temporarily, just to check if the service is working that way? 

Message 7 of 17

Oh lord I have no idea i have no idea of make or model. 

No idea what an ONT box is... very untechy......

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Does the connection work if you connect directly at the ONT box? Which router are you currently using please? (make and model)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I don't unfortunately! Just this router. 

Oh well! Not much more I can do tonight without tech help on the live chat.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 10 of 17

If all the lights on the ONT are green then at least that should mean the actual service into your home is good and working, and maybe this is an issue with the ethernet cable or TalkTalk router.

One other thought, do you have any other router that has a WAN port (like the red port on the TalkTalk router) that you could try in place of the TalkTalk router ?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

I tried the factory reset but nothing 😔

And im on the chat but no one is replying at the moment.

I've filled everything out.

Thanks for your help anyways tonight!

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 12 of 17

You could try a factory reset of the TalkTalk router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds, just to see if that helps. Failing that, the live chat (linked to in my first reply) should still be around and may be able to help. Alternatively the support team here on the community should be able to help when they return in the morning (once you complete your community profile as described in my first reply, to allow them to identify you).

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Yep all connected properly!

Still just flashing orange and white 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

ok, so presumably you have that new box with the 4 green lights, and you then have your TalkTalk router that is connected to the new box, and it is your TalkTalk router that is flashing orange/white ?.

If this is the case, can you ensure the two boxes are correctly connected together using the info here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-your-Wi-Fi-Hub-for-Full-Fibre/ta-p/2554261

0 Likes

Message 15 of 17

I have no idea. It doesn't say in my letters or emails. It just says "full upgrade" 

If it helps the box they installed in black and has 4 solid green lights on?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 16 of 17

Hi @Ucb123,

Is this full fibre, or a service down the phone line (like Fibre 35 / 65) ?

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR add your account number to the ‘private notes’ section if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

You may get faster support from the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 during opening hours.

0 Likes