cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Internet for 5 days ...so far

ftwizard
Team Player
Private Message
Message 62 of 62

My internet has been down since 13/01/21

I've spoken to three pretty unhelpful people, had a new hub and still no connection.

I'm supposed to be getting a call from a manager, but I've heard nothing yet and I need internet for my work.

I'm in the middle of a 2 year contract and I think I need to cancel to get a service with a more useful customer service.

Is there someone from Talktalk that can offer some useful help?

Thanks.

61 REPLIES 61

Message 41 of 62

Okay, so no responce up to now. It's coming up to 2 weeks without internet now, I think that's long enough to fix an issue as fundimental and basic as this.

I need an offer of a correctly informed engineer appointment, by the end of today, or I will consider TalkTalk to have defaulted on the contract and I will contact the cancellation dept (if such a thing exists) and go elsewhere for my broadband needs.

Brenda.

Message 42 of 62

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. I've passed this to our team now and I will post back as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 43 of 62

Thanks for the link.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 62

Yes, all that's been done.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 62

Hi,

Can I just confirm, did you dial 17070 from your line as I'm just trying to confirm that you definitely don't have a crossed line before I pass this to my colleague?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 46 of 62

I have multiple devices, both wired and wireless. The phone works fine. I have one fault, I cannot conect to the internet. No specific error messages, just server not responding type things.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 62

Hi,

Just before we ask our Network Team to take a look, can I just confirm, that the device is connected wired to the router? What happens when you try to connect? Do you see any specific error messages? Can you also dial 17070 from your home phone and confirm that it reads back the correct number please? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 48 of 62

Yes, the engineer cleared the loop fault, but the internet is still not working.

Everything looks fine, but it isn't.

The engineer needs to be issued with a "fibre job" to have to correct information to tackle the problem.

0 Likes

Message 49 of 62

Hello,

I've re-run the line test now and everything looks ok from here. What lights are currently on the router?

Thanks

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 62

@ftwizard ,

If staff performed a line test which showed a "loop fault" then they would have to book the engineer to investigate that first. If there is a secondary fault then I'm sure they will arrange another engineer appointment for you when they pick up on this thread again.

If it's taking more than a couple of working days to fix, you should be due compensation, but that will only be paid at least a month after the fault has been fixed. See here: About your auto compensation credit - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 51 of 62

The Openreach engineer has just been and has failed to find the fault.

It seems he was issued with a "copper job" to find a loop fault, he found that in five minutes, but that was nothing to do with the lack of internet problem.

He should have been issued a "fibre job" then he would have had the information needed to properly investigate to problem.

He was here for nearly two hours and even changed to port out in the cabinet. The openreach system is working fine.

I don't know where to go now, but I think we need to re-book an engineer with the correct information.

Can you also refund this months payment as it's costing me loads in data to keep working.

0 Likes

Message 52 of 62

Hi ftwizard,

I've booked the earliest appointment available - January 24 2022, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 53 of 62

Hi ftwizard,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 54 of 62

Okay thanks. I’ve filled the security form. 
How will you let me know?

0 Likes

Private Message

Message 55 of 62

Hi

Can you please complete the security info at : 

We can then progress this for an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 56 of 62

Morning Michelle,

Yes, the phone works okay. 
I think an engineer visit is needed as soon as possible,as my work is starting to suffer. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 57 of 62

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is detecting a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. I can see from your posts that you've tested a new router at the test socket. Do you have a dial tone? If all testing has been completed then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

Message 58 of 62

Yes, both wired and wireless. Wired imac and Apple TV, iphones, ipad, Homepods. Nothing works

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 59 of 62

Ok, the staff here on the community may be able to chase this up when they are back tomorrow.

Do you have both 'wired' and 'wireless' devices, do they all have the same problem ?

0 Likes

Message 60 of 62

Hi, Thanks for that info, I have now filled in my profile.

The light is solid white, I have checked the phone number and I have also tried the test socket and new microfilter.

Everything is working as it should, but there is no connection to the internet.

I'm still waiting for a call from a "manager" I really need an engineer to visit. I've done everything I can.