cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No Wi-Fi - sick of slow response

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

No Wi-Fi since breakfast. Contacted Talk talk via X at 11.30am - the chat is still ‘live’ (feels like it’s dead!) no progress. Responses now an hour apart. What is our best step forward. Complied with all requests promptly without any success. Not acceptable- help!!!!

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Update: new router delivered, installed and operational.  Will keep a close watch for the next 48 hours, but fingers crossed 🤞. Thanks for your advice and @Michelle-TalkTalk @too.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9
0 Likes

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

@Michelle-TalkTalk @I meant to say that Yes we do have a dial tone and can use phone. We have a Master socket 5C and completed all the line tests via the DM yesterday. Will check back when router arrives. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Morning Bev,

Thanks for confirming and we'll check back in with you on Friday to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

@Michelle-TalkTalk @KeithFrench Thank you for your advice. After approx 6.5 hours in DM chat TT say no line faults - no mention of not being synced. They are sending a router - 3-5 days for delivery (hope it’s sooner as we need Wi-Fi for work). Router is constantly flashing orange. Will wait and try new router. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Bev,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is clear but the line is not in sync. Is the voice service also affected? Do you have a dial tone? Does your main socket have a test socket please? Do you also have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have & what is the state of the light(s) on the front of it?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes