cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No connection

JBJBJB
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

I've had no broadband connection for over a week due to an issue at the local exchange in kidbrooke.

However the main website states no reported issues with broadband

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi JBJBJB

Apologies for the delay.

Just to confirm, you are still experiencing this fault? (no sync)

0 Likes

JBJBJB
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 19

I’ve started cancellation of contract.

Even this morning status says fixed but when I ask online chat to run a test they confirm outage and say engineer is out fixing it although they can’t tell me what location the engineer is in. I don’t think they even check the fault just text the scripted reply.

Been through the same process every day for two weeks now!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if your connection is now working ok for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi JBJBJB

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Good afternoon,

I've checked and the fault is still under investigation with Openreach, no additional updates as yet. I will check again first thing in the morning.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hello again,

The line has detected a DIS fault so I've re-escalated this to an Openreach line engineer now to investigate. I'll check the fault in a couple of hours and will post back with another update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. It looks like the outage has been re-opened but I've asked my colleague to re-check and asked if they can provide with with an update ASAP. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

This system doesnt know its *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* from its elbow. It’s bad enough being without any service for ten days but to not be informed and have to chase with chat, calls and this online space and then to be told inaccurate info!! I can’t understand how a company thinks this is acceptable customer service. No wonder it’s going out of business! 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Then the progress che her says two different things with an update dated ex to the same day and time 

IMG_1118.png

IMG_1119.png

0 Likes

JBJBJB
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 19

Why am I getting false reports every day saying the issue is fixed. The communication is terrible! Email says engineer has resolved the problem.

IMG_1117.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Chat says it’s the same fault since May 7th.

IMG_1112.png

0 Likes

JBJBJB
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Still no connection. Exactly the same just flashing amber light in router

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 19

Hi JBJBJB

This fault has just been closed as resolved. Please can you retest?

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 19

Hi JBJBJB

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've requested an update on this fault now and I will post back as soon as I have further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Any post on a separate thread is going to enter the workflow as a separate topic and sometimes attracts effort from multiple staff at once, so that's why you are asked to simply follow up on the one thread, @JBJBJB.

It just keeps the process simpler for everyone, and gives staff a chance to reach more customers rather than duplicating work.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 16 of 19

Being a newbie I didnt realise how important the subject heading was for others so I created new post

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

@JBJBJB, please follow up on this thread by hitting the reply button. 

Creating new threads just causes confusion etc.

Extra threads will just get moved out of the way. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

It would need to be quite a widespread outage to show up on the website, @JBJBJB.

Staff will be back on here during the day. It will save time if you complete your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Add your Talktalk landline number or account number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu....SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

0 Likes