cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet in hot weather

Rose66#
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 70 of 70

Hi 

Hope I can get some advice . During every spell of hot weather our internet goes off for the majority of the day 12pm -7pm . This has been happening for 2 years now ! 

we have had several engineers out , replaced router , checked connections- all fine . I’ve checked family safe locks (all off)!

i’m wondering if the box holding the cables into the house is getting the direct sun and heating ? Please can anyone offer any advice ? 

thank you 

0 Likes
69 REPLIES 69

Message 61 of 70

Will do . 

who do I talk to regarding compensation for disruption of service ? 

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 62 of 70

Hi Rose,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to post back here the next time you experience another hot weather spell as we can run another line test to see if it detects any issues during this warmer weather?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 63 of 70

Hi 

thanks for your message . The last time it dropped out was when we had the hot spell of weather - 8th May (from 12pm - 7pm) if you could look at the specific date .   You will be able to see from the previous logs how terrible the service is - we have not claimed at all for compensation. 
many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 64 of 70

Hi Rose66#

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test is clear - No faults detected and the connection appears to be stable.

How often would you say this happens? When was the last date it happened? (when weather was hot)

0 Likes

Message 65 of 70

Updated 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 66 of 70

Morning Rose,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 67 of 70

@Rose66# worth a try, a nice summer pot plant, a tub of lavender especially good in full sun, and the perfume.

Please do pop back and let us know how you get on. The team here are very good and I'm sure they could run some diagnostics for you. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 68 of 70

Hi 

Thank you 🙂 it’s beyond frustrating, so grasping at any potential answers ! 

it’s loss of Wifi - we don’t tend to plug directly in to router. The light flashes orange so know no connection . 

I think it could be the outside box , I’m going to try and shield it - somehow without it looking unsightly ! 

If you have any further thoughts I’d love to hear ! 
thanks again 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 69 of 70

Hi @Rose66# I'm guessing you mean midday to 19:00, sorry I always get confused🤔

Good theory any chance you could screen the externals with a plant in a pot or similar? 

On the internals is your router sitting in a window or full daylight?

Is this the same issue with wired connections or just WiFi? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes