cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet in hot weather

Rose66#
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 72 of 72

Hi 

Hope I can get some advice . During every spell of hot weather our internet goes off for the majority of the day 12pm -7pm . This has been happening for 2 years now ! 

we have had several engineers out , replaced router , checked connections- all fine . I’ve checked family safe locks (all off)!

i’m wondering if the box holding the cables into the house is getting the direct sun and heating ? Please can anyone offer any advice ? 

thank you 

0 Likes
71 REPLIES 71

Message 1 of 72

Thanks for the update. Did the engineer have any explanation for what could be causing the problem?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 72

Just to update - the engineer came and as predicted as not hot weather internet was fine ! 
however the engineer said that another household in the area had also reported the same fault, so was going to be investigated further . Pls can you look into this . Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 72

I've booked the engineer for tomorrow morning - July 02 2024, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 72

Thanks. I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details (yes the engineer should be able to see the previous engineer's report)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 72

Any morning except for Friday . However , if the weather isn’t warm /hot then the internet is likely to be on ! It’s so frustrating ! 
just so the engineer knows 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 72

Yes please . 

will they be able to see the previous engineers report ? 

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 72

Thanks. If you are still experiencing problems we'll need to arrange another engineer visit, would you like us to do this?

Chris

0 Likes

Rose66#
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 72

Sadly off again in hot weather . 

we have now had 3 new routers so the problem doesn’t appear to be the router but another issue . 

please advise of next steps 

many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 72

Hi Rose,

How has it been since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 72

Staff will follow up on Monday, @Rose66#.

Only Chat available before then now:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 11 of 72

Hello 

Thank you for the router , as predicted sadly no internet with the new router . 

again - internet been out since midday and still out with new router . 

please can you advise the next steps. 

Many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 72

Thank you for letting me know . I will keep you posted when the new router arrives . 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 72

Hi Rose66#

Thanks for your reply.

If the same fault is still occurring with the new router then we will need to pass this back to Openreach.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 72

Thank you very much . If we still have the same problem with this router it would be good to understand what the next steps are . 
Thank you  for your help 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 72

I've not seen a request for a new router but I've order one now, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 72

Yes please - they said they would request a new one . Have you seen this report ? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 72

I can send a router to test with, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 72

I don’t think so ! They were there 3 hours . He was going to write a report and suggest a new router . 
please can you follow up ? 
internet was out yesterday from 10am -9 pm . 
many thanks 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 72

Thanks for the update, did the engineer have any idea what might be causing the disconnections?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 72

Sadly not . He was there 3 hours . I think he is going to request a new router but that’s the 3rd one in 2 years ! 

Today the internet went off at 10am. 

0 Likes