cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No internet or updates for days!

AlannaA
Participant
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Hi,

I reported a fault on Sunday and spoke to someone in live chat yesterday. The information on my account hasn't been updated since Sunday. The account said to 'check back in a few days' if I wasn't given an engineer date/time to fix the fault. I checked back and there have been no updates. 

In the live chat yesterday, someone said an engineer is working on my fault and it should be fixed by the end of today. I asked if my account would be updated with this information. He said 'yes' and assured me my fault will be fixed. But there is no update on my account, so I don't know if what the person said is right. 

I am unable to work from home due to no internet, I am supposed to have a workman visit today, but I can't be there to let him in because I have no internet to be able to work from home. I have an autistic family number who is very frustrated. 

I need an honest answer about how long Openreach are taking to fix these faults. 

0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Hi AlannaA

I'm so glad to hear that this fault has been resolved.

In regards to compensation, further information can be found here About your auto compensation credit

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33

Thank you Debbie. Can I get compensation from TalkTalk because we had no internet for 10 days? It was a very stressful time. 

The internet is working now. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 33

Hi AlannaA

Openreach have now closed the fault as resolved.

Is everything working ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 33

Hi AlannaA

Apologies. I've contacted Openreach again this morning and they have advised that the fault is with the multi skilled engineer. 

They have escalated this again. I will monitor for additional updates.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 33

Hello,

No I haven't heard anything at all. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 33

Hi AlannaA

Can I just check, did the engineer make contact with you yesterday?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 33

Hi AlannaA

I will keep checking for updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 33

Thanks Debbie,

I hope the engineer does visit tomorrow. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 33

Hi AlannaA

I have contacted Openreach again and they have provided the below update:

A multi skilled engineer will work externally towards the customer property. If the engineer needs access to the customer property, then they will contact customer 30 minutes beforehand.  The engineer is scheduled for 09/11/22, however this is not guaranteed and could be subject to change. 

Further updates will be available on 10/11.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 33

Yes, please update me this afternoon. 

Message 11 of 33

Hi AlannaA

I'm really sorry for the delay.

This is the latest update from Openreach - The job is awaiting to be scheduled and allocated to an engineer. We are yet to receive a scheduled date. We will add a further update once we can see an Engineer has been allocated.

I will check on this again this afternoon for additional updates.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Please can you chase up Open Reach for a date an engineer will fix the fault? 

I need to be able to work from home. I'm considering changing to a different broadband provider, so that I can.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

I haven't heard anything yet! It feels like a never-ending situation...

0 Likes

Message 14 of 33

Hi Alanna, 

No updates yet, have you heard anything?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

Thanks Chris. 

Yes please check for another update.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 33

Hi Alanna,

This is the latest update - Job is scheduled for 07 Nov-22. Please note - This is the current schedule for the task. It is not guaranteed and could be subject to change. The delay has been identified due to heavy workstack in the area. Our team are working to ensure engineer allocation as soon as possible.

I'm sorry that it keeps being pushed back, I'll check again later to see if there are any further updates

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

Thank Chris,

Yes please check again.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 33

Hi AlannaA,

This is the latest update - Job is scheduled for 04 Nov-22. Please note - This is the current schedule for the task. It is not guaranteed and could be subject to change. The delay has been identified due to heavy workstack in the area. Our team are working to ensure engineer allocation as soon as possible.

I'll check again later

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 33

Thank you for that information!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 33

After it's resolved, @AlannaA, compensation will be calculated. 

There's a grace period of two working days for a company to sort faults, so anything you receive would be calculated from today going forward. 

A detailed explanation is given here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

It tends to take a full billing cycle after resolution to show.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.