cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No lights on router after thunderstorm

slashspick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Hi. Our router has just turned off after a thunderstorm. It has no lights at all. I have unplugged it for 20 mins and plugged it back in but still no lights. Please help ASAP as my wife works for the NHS from home and needs a connection!

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi

you will not get any notification that it has arrived, but they will book it in against your account via the device serial number.

Any issues or any charge shows up on your bill, just let us know here 🙂

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 20

Thanks. I sent it back last week. How do I know that they received it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Hi

you can use the returns bag. They are just expecting a device back, the different serial should not cause an issue.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 20

So do I just use the returns bag that came with it? They are expecting a router with a certain serial number which is different to the router that I will send back. Will that cause a problem?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi

If the new router is not required and you have purchased your own router, you can return the new one.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 20

Full details of Talktalk's returns policy  @slashspick

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Returning-your-TalkTalk-equipment/ta-p/2348381#:~:text=...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

@slashspick, Talktalk also gives local recycling as an option, so as long as this is recorded by staff, you should be in the clear.

If you do decide to return the spare Talktalk router, keep a certificate of posting as the returns people have funny phases from time to time, not processing returns efficiently. 

It can be helpful to hang onto a spare router for diagnosing faults. That's up to you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi. I have received an email saying that I need to return the broken router or I'll get charged £50! I wasn't made aware of this at the time and so I took it to the recycling centre. I do however have the new one (unused) that you sent me as I had to buy one locally to use asap. Really sorry but I don't have the broken one to send back. What should I do? I don't want to be charged. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Hi slashspick

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad you've received it.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Yes Debbie I received it but I had to buy one locally before it arrived as we needed the connection. Many thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi slashspick

We use the courier Yodel to deliver our routers.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

No staff on here before Monday at the earliest, @slashspick.

Your access to support over the weekend is by phone  / Chat:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

0 Likes

slashspick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Do you know what postal service is used for deliveries? Is it trackable because if it doesn't arrive today then it will not be delivered until Tuesday and I cannot accept that. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi slashspick

Yes they can be delivered on Saturdays. I had a replacement router myself not so long ago, mine was delivered on a Saturday.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

slashspick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Many thanks. Do they get delivered on weekends? If not I'll have to go out and buy one.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi slashspick

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

slashspick
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Thanks for the swift reply.

Yes, please can you send a new one. Can we get it delivered today or tomorrow (Saturday)? I'll pay for delivery if it's a problem. We really need a router asap. This is a disaster.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 19 of 20

Hi slashspick

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear, would you like me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes