cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

No power to router

Dhyani
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 17

A few days ago my puppy chewed through the power cable to my router. I bought a new 12v charger and it was working again. Now I have no power at all to my router (the black box on the wall). 
I tried buying another charger wire in case the puppy had got to it again but it is still not getting power. 
can someone please help? 
we have no broadband! 

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Good morning,

I'm really glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 2 of 17

Yes! They came out yesterday and fixed in quickly. 
My family are very relieved. Such a great service. Thanks 🤩 

Message 3 of 17

Good morning,

I've received an update from my colleague to advise that this should now be resolved. How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 4 of 17

I've just been advised that the engineers are going to come out today now but they should make contact with you on your alternative contact number.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

I'll check back in with you tomorrow afternoon to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Thank you so much! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hello again,

CityFibre have confirmed the engineer visit for tomorrow AM (8-1) Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

I've just received an update to advise that an appointment has been requested for tomorrow AM. We are just waiting for CityFibre to confirm the appointment for us so we'll keep you updated.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

I had replaced the damaged wire with a new 12v charger and it worked ok for a few days after this. I am not at home just now. I am in work. I have since bought another 12v charger but this has not helped. There’s no power getting to the black box on the wall at all. Will an engineer be able to come out today? 
thanks 🙏 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi again,

We've been asked if you can post a picture of the ONT and the damaged cable please? Please do not post any personal information.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hello,

I've raised this to my colleague and have asked if they can book an appointment ASAP. I will post back to confirm a date and time once this has been confirmed.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Yes please. 
we are available any time today. In fact we can be available any time. How quickly can we get it fixed? 
thanks so much 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 17

Hi @Dhyani 

Thanks for your reply.

This will require an engineer visit and this would be a chargeable visit. Engineer charges

Would you like me to arrange this visit? Please can you provide your availability AM and PM?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi

its not the eero router that has stopped working but the black box on the wall that it attaches to 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi @Dhyani 

I can send a new router which will include new cables and a returns bag for your current router.

Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Staff won't send a power cable - these can only be sent with a router, so a complete replacement, and you'll need to return the defunct equipment, @Dhyani.

If you know the puppy is liable to attack wires, construct a barricade!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes