Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non Fibre Broadband drops out several times a day

michael_burns
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi,

Could I get some assistance from a moderator with my issue please.

I have had my Talk Talk Broadband for a couple of months now and have had an issue with the broadband dropping out, several times a day. In order to resolve I have to switch off the router and switch it back on again.

Thanks

Mikey
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi,

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further so I've sent you a Personal Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi michael_burns,

Thank you for confirming this. I've updated our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19
Hi,
One handset was used during test, I only own one handset as I have no need for more handsets. The handset is brand new, BT branded. I've just tested on a neighbour's Virgin phone line, with no noise present.
The router was removed during the test, as requested by yourself.
Thanks
Mikey
0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi michael_burns

Our Network Team have asked us to confirm if you tested with 2 different handsets? Was the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi michael_burns

Thank you.

I have requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19
Hi,
Checking in as requested.
Thanks
Mikey
0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi michael_burns

Thanks for your reply.

I have escalated this fault over to our Network Team for investigation. Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 19
Yes please Debbie.
Thanks
Mikey
0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi michael_burns

Thanks for your reply.

Are you happy for me to raise the noise on the line fault over to our Network Team for investigation?

Debbie

Message 10 of 19
Hi,

Same level of line noise using a new corded BT handset plugged in as suggested.

Thanks
Mikey
0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Hi michael_burns

Thanks for your reply.

Noise on the line can affect the BB connection so we have to investigate this first.

Is the noise present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 12 of 19

Hi,
Sorry Debbie but I seem to have created a duplicate thread for the same issue Doh!
I'll update this one from now, thanks

- The router is a D-Link DSL3782 and it is plugged into the master not the test socket
- The Junction box on the wall outside has no cover, so the wires are exposed.
- I have noise on the line when making a phone call.

Thanks

Mikey
0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Debbie. I created a new blog last night regarding this problem. Please let me know if you can't find it.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi @pjj4263

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Happens to my connection on a regular basis. Service is total rubbish in comparison to what it used to be. I have wasted time dealing with on line assistance and also BT engineers doing home visits to test line etc. If we try and record TV channels which we pay for it often fails as it needs a connection to watch add on channels. I am totally fed up with the service and will try someone else once my contract ends

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi @sikboy

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

sikboy
Team Player
Message 17 of 19

Same problem I've been having, hope we get it sorted soon.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi michael_burns

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is your router connected at the test socket? Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie