cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Openreach Technician Visit REP-14682923

AileenS
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Help

We booked and had confirmation of an visit to our house by an Openreach Technician today (29th August) between 1pm and 6pm to investigate a fault on our line. We waited in all afternoon and no one turned up. We have not had any communication as to why this occured and where we go from here! I would email customer service but there does not appear to be any email address that accepts replies!

Please can someone from TalkTalk take a look at this.

Thanks

Aileen

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi AileenS

If you do experience this fault again then please post back here and let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie

The fault occurred a couple of weeks after the router was replaced.

REP-14682923 was intiated as a result of the TalkTalk line test flagging a fault on the line.

For now I will see how it goes and hopefully the fault will not reoccur. However as nothing has changed

on the line (or router) the fault is likely to return.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi AileenS

No work was carried out on Openreach maintained equipment to resolve this fault. It looks like this was related to the router if it is now working since the router was replaced.

If Openreach did not attend for a pre arranged appointment to the property then our auto compensation team will take a look at this.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Debbie

Yes, the router has been recently replaced.

Did Openreach actually do anything?

Will we get compensation for Openreach not turning up?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi AileenS

The engineers notes suggest that the fault was with the router?

Has the router been recently replaced?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Morning Michelle,

Our connection appears to have been stable over the weekend. It is unclear to us if Openreach did anything (remotely?) on the home visit that we booked for the 29th of August (we booked as suggested by TalkTalk after the TalkTalk line test detected a fault) - apart from not turning up for the booked appointment or letting us know that they couldn't make it etc. They also ignored our text message asking if they intended to turn up.

Will we receive automatic compensation for the missed Openreach appointment?

Regards,

Aileen

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Morning Aileen,

How has your connection been over the weekend?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Chris

OK we will see how it goes over the weekend.

Thanks for your help.

Aileen

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Aileen,

Thanks for the information. The fault ticket doesn't say what's been done unfortunately. Could you see how it goes over the weekend and we'll check in with you on Monday morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Thanks for the heads up Gliwmaeden2. I will make sure we get the compensation. Aileen

Message 11 of 14

Hi Chris

The broadband is currently working. However the fault is intermittent - it can work perfectly for days then start malfunctioning. The symptoms when this does occur are: Router restarts, usually a few times in a row, resulting in a break in service. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. The router has recently been replaced so a fault here is unlikely. During a period when it was malfunctioning I tried replacing the micro filter with a brand new one - this made not difference. I have also checked all the cables etc and have the router plugged via the microfilter into the test point in the master socket.

I ran the line test from the talktalk website and this identified a fault on the line (REP-14682923). Did Openreach actually do anything yesturday to address the fault identified in REP-14682923? Or are they saying that the fault has gone away and is not present now? If the fault has simply gone away it will probably reoccur again in the future.

I find the lack of communication from Openreach frustating. Simply not turning up for an appointment without explaination is simply not good enough. If they have fixed the problem then send a text to say so. Again if they cannot make the appointment then send a text etc so we are not left waiting around all afternoon.

Thanks

Aileen

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Hi Aileen,

The fault is showing as cleared. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

If they totally wasted your time, this is covered by automatic compensation, @AileenS:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Staff will respond during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes