cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Orange flashing light on router.

Mattywood
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 24

Afternoon, 

First time on here and hopefully looking for alittle help. 

Past 24 hours my router has been flashing orange,can't get any Internet. Everything was OK then it just happened. Contacted and spoke to someone online and they did tests and stated that everything was OK and couldn't see any fault. Did everything they asked of me with resets ect but with no joy. Spoke to a friend who suggested that my router is the problem and that its not working(broke). So 2 things 1,any suggestions and 2,any idea how I get a replacement router. 

The Internet is of a massive importance to me as I'm unable to get out much due illness. 

Anyway many thanks and hope someone can help. 😁

Kind regards
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Jargles,

As advised, please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Staff will try to support you if you start your own thread on here, @Jargles.

The one you have listed on is over a year old. You also need to complete your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Jargles
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 24

i have  exactly the same problem. I reported it to talk talk 17th April, they did all the same checks several times and nothing worked. They said if an engineer came out it would cost me. I said please organise because nothing is working and I needed to get it sorted. I have still not heard anything . I keep logging into my account and trying to call the customer complaint number but keep going round in circles. No one has suggested it’s the router but it sounds exactly the same as yours. I can’t wait any longer so I am  leaving to go to another supplier- which is a shame. Why can’t you actually speak to someone instead of just a bot!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi Mattywood

That's great news, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Just a quick update. Router came this morning(Sat 25th),tried the new router and all up and running 👍.

Once again thank you for the quick response and quick action it's very much appreciated. 

Kind regards

Message 6 of 24

Hi just a quick question, how will I know when it'll be delivered as there isn't anything on my account to state when or even if the routers ordered and being delivered. 

Many thanks

Kind regards
0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

No problem, have a good weekend 🙂

Chris

Message 8 of 24

Thank you very much for the time and effort it is very much appreciated. 

Kind regards

Message 9 of 24

I've order the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days but  there's a possibility that you'll receive it tomorrow. If it still doesn't work with the new router then we'll probably need to arrange an engineer visit

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

Yes please that would be great. 

Kind regards
0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

OK, I can send one to test with, would like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

No afraid not

Kind regards
0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

OK thanks for trying that, do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Connected up to the test socket and router still constantly flashing orange. 

Kind regards
0 Likes

Message 15 of 24
0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Apologies I've just fount it in the bedroom so going to try now

Kind regards
0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

I don't have a test socket I'm afraid. 

Kind regards
0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Could you try connecting the router to the test socket and check to see if it connects

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi, it's connected up to the normal socket and the the phone line is all ok. 

Kind regards
0 Likes

Mattywood
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 24

Hi, not its connected to the normal socket and telephone is OK. 

Kind regards
0 Likes