cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Dead router

Merlin69
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Has anyone had issues with routers just dying, initially not able to obtain ip's, then dead on power cycle. No access to webgui either.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Merlin69

I'm so glad to hear that the router has arrived.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Yes it arrived on Saturday, which I was impressed with, very quick.

It was the upgraded version I was promised on the 1st failure, so fingers crossed.

I have returned router 2 today, and more in hope than expectation included a request/query regarding any diagnostics or fault finding you may do.

I've included a summary of the fault sequence in the hope something might be found that might benefit other users.

Message 3 of 10

Hi Merlin69

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and I can see that the router has been ordered and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie 

Openreach engineer arrived today, a nice guy called Martin.

As expected no line fault, he contacted your support team and apparently a replacement router is on its way, no email verification as yet.

The only contact so far is an email saying the engineer had successfully fixed my line issue...

This will be 2 weeks offline in total in a month, so if you can expedite a quicker delivery I'd be extremely grateful.

Message 5 of 10

HI Merlin69

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can order the router for you now, would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Merlin69
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 10

Horrible evening last night, 2 hours wasted on chat box, I'd already factory reset, but went through the usual script process even though I explained it wouldn't broadcast the SSID or allow access to webpage via 192.168.1.1.

This is the 2nd router failure (fast 5364), with same issue, the first one lasted 18 months, this one 3 weeks.

Absolutely nothing changed in that period,it just died.

Now I have to have an Openreach visit tomorrow to 'fix' my line fault, funny that, as the phones working fine.

Still, go through the process, otherwise no replacement router, or so I was told.

I asked for the call transcript for my records, that didn't happen either.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hi Merlin69

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send you a replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

@Merlin69 Which make/model of router do you have?

If you would like the support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk phone number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

Message 9 of 10

Try performing a hard reset of the router: Restore your router to factory settings - TalkTalk Help & Support

If all else fails, then raise a call with TT and ask to be put through to Order Management for a replacement router.