cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

PPTP VPN stopped working

tkzzzz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

My VPN suddenly stopped working. According to previous post, is firmware upgrade needed?

Router: FAST 5364-3.T8

Version: SG4K100130

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi @jamiec

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, I can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

I'm having the same issue. PPTP is being blocked and I'm permanently home-based.

Hardware version: FAST5364 3.00

Software version: SG4K100136

GUI version: 5.6.1

Please could you assist?

Many thanks

Jamie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi tkzzzz

Thank you 🙂

The firmware has now been updated, please can you retest and let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

tkzzzz
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi Debbie,

You can do it anytime, thank you.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi tkzzzz

I will need to make a change to your router firmware. When would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

It is a bug in firmware V130. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and put a working version on your router for you.. 

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?