cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Please disable Wifi Optimisation

Citron2010
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

We have a Sagecom Fast 5364 router version SG4K100174.

It has generally performed very well, however the WiFi drops out for a few seconds and this has become much more frequent.  The symptoms are most WiFi connected devices simultaneously disconnecting for about 10 seconds.  Wired connections aren’t affected (connectivity is excellent!). I’ve used https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html to try to determine which channel has least congestion in our area, determined it to be 11 and set that manually, but it didn’t help and it seems that the router changes this anyway.  From what I’ve read on this forum, it appears that it might be due to WiFi optimisation being enabled – please can you disable it?  Also, I’m curious to know why this option isn’t exposed in the admin console?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi @spartasteve 

Please can you create a new topic on the Community, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

You're best starting your own thread for this, @spartasteve.

You need to return to the message board and click on start a topic. 

Also complete your community forum profile details so staff know which account they are dealing with.

This should be helpful if they reply on your other thread too.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu choose Personal Information. Add your Talktalk landline. SAVE CHANGES.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Can the optimisation on my route be switched off I switched to channel 11 which keeps my connection ok but gets changed to channel 6 and I lose connections to some of my connected items.

Steve Brown
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Citron2010

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

@Debbie-TalkTalk - this seems to have solved the issue - thank you so much!

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Citron2010

Apologies for this.

I've switched the WIFI optimisation off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes