cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Poor connection/fault on the line

tmansell
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello, we've had slow internet for the last 3 days, websites taking 30+ seconds to load or not loading at all, downloads killing all other internet use, etc. I've used the tool to check the line and it said there is a fault, the issue is the page to book an engineer appointment doesn't seem to work, the button does nothing. I've tried the process from scratch 10+ times in the last few days and gotten to the calendar twice, but both times it showed no available appointments at any point in the future.

I rang the customer service line yesterday and after entering my details the recorded voice asked "Is this to do with the fault we are already working on?". How am I supposed to answer that, I don't know what faults they are or aren't aware of. I just want to know that the fault is known about and will be fixed at some point.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi tmansell

I'm sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach and a line engineer is scheduled to investigate this fault today (external line investigation)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Yes I actually wrote that other post hours ago before I realised you needed to make an account, with pointless badges and levels hurrah, before you can ask other customers to help solve technical problems the company should be helping with. I thought it was deleted, so I made an account and wrote it again, then as soon as I verified my email it posted it automatically. This website is awful and awkward to navigate.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Wait for a staff reply here, they will be back after Easter.

Please do not make any other posts on the issue, forum rules and all that, thanks.

0 Likes