cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Power line adapter.

Sean1969
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi there just forked out £80 for the WiFi extender kit which on its own works well, but for the life of me I can't pair my old DHP-300AV power line adapters to the new DHP-P610AV power line transmitter.

Could somebody tell me if this is possible or not.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Just checking in to see how you are getting on?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Its a Sagemcom Fast 5364.

Will give it a go trying to set up the WiFi adapter and the new transmitter as a separate pairing using another Lan port.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

I assume then that the WiFi hub is the Huawei DG8041W router?

Yes they should all work OK like that.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Keith thank you for taking the time to look at this for me.

My Router is the newer Talktalk Wifi hub.

You will have to forgive me I drive a Tractor for a living but if I have this right leave the three Older power line adapters as they are one to the Router, one to the TV and one to a Desktop Pc.

Then plug the new Transmitter into a spare Lan port on the Router which is paired to the WiFi extender.  With both sets sharing the same wiring? or would one of them need to be on a dedicated Earthnet cable ?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Sean1969 

@Michelle-TalkTalk  has asked me to help you with these PLAs.

I have never seen any instructions on how to do this & not knowing the spec of the older DHP-300AV, it may be the case that connecting them together reduces the performance of the newer 610 to that of the 300. 

I would never recommend it anyway, as you would be creating a bottleneck at the network connector end, as there is only this one connector to the router's LAN port. You do not specify which make/model of router that you have & so this could be at only 100Mbps. I would always keep them as two separate sets, so it uses two LAN ports on the router. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Is this something that you can offer advice on please?

Thanks