cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

REPEATED SHORT DOWNTIME

Andrew2110
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 5 of 5

For a few days now we've been having constant short spells of downtime. Normally less than a few seconds but enough to interrupt the service and causing us to reconnect (making it rather impossible to do any work).

I have tried to talk to live chat but felt rather patronised after being told by them to "clear my browser cache" which they then told me "fixed the problem" (it did not, i did explain the problem was on all devices and couldnt be tracked to one individual device).

I did also get a phone call but sadly was unable to take it at the time / after the live chat experience I don't really have much faith in being told to go move closer to the router (I really don't like being patronised, i did explain that the wifi has worked perfectly in its current setup for over a year now).

Is there any similar issues / anything I can do? I have logged into the router and reset factory settings but the issue remains.  My talk talk home number is REMOVED - don't worry no home phone is connected to this.

uptime

Andrew Starnes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know if this does happen again and we can take another look.

Thanks

0 Likes

Andrew2110
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Since turning off Google Drive on all devices, it seems like its now working somewhat reliably again. It had been working perfectly up till now though for 1+ years so I'm not sure why all of a sudden its stopped working.

Having had experience with other ISP's (Virgin), this is the first time in a couple of years where I was a little miffed with service and at least there are several avenues for receiveing support and were open and willing to supporting me along the way, for which i'm very grateful.

Andrew Starnes
0 Likes

Muntiacus
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

I'm having the same problem. They sent a new router. No difference. I can't even attach a tiny Word file to Gmail without it timing out. At my wit's end.

0 Likes

StephenF
Community Manager
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi Andrew

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Is this also affecting wired connections or only wireless?

Stephen, Community Manager
0 Likes