cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

NOW TV activation

NevTabb
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 29

Hi,

In short, this has been going on since I renewed my Fibre65 & Now TV/Sky Sports contracts back in October.
The Now TV membership was £10 for 9 months, but for some unknown reason, I couldn't activate it. This was finally resolved in December, but I was being incorrectly charged £25.
There followed more weeks of frustrating phone calls, emails and chats with repeated assurances that things had been corrected, but the price still remained at £25. On Jan 17th, I was bizarrely told that £10 was not possible.
Fearing for my sanity, I accepted a new contract that included Now/Sports at £20 for 24 months.
My account still shows £25.
(At no point have I accepted or even been offered a £25 deal)
As Chat wasn't working, I managed to leave a message for the billing department who have now got back to me with an email full of irrelevant cut & paste apologies, but which also says that they can see my £20 membership, but it hasn't been activated so here's £5.
No mention of how to resolve the issue though.
Any idea how I can activate it and finally put an end to this nonsense?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29
0 Likes

Message 2 of 29

Thank you, Arne!

After 6 baffling and frustrating months, you have no idea how much of a relief it is to finally get this sorted.

Thanks again and have a good day!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi NevTabb

The account has now been fixed and the next bill will be correct. 

Message 4 of 29

Apologies, its showing as the discount is active, ill look into this,  ive rasied a credit to clear the overcharge.

Message 5 of 29

I'm guessing you didn't check this as I've just been charged £25 for Sky Sports.

Again.

It's 6 months now since I was given the £10 deal.

This is just bonkers isn't it?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 29

Excellent, thank you.

I admire your confidence and look forward to this nonsense finally being resolved 😁👍

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Ok, thanks.

Will the new boost discount actually replace the one currently showing on 'My Account' online though?

I've been at this stage a few times now, but it's been stuck on the £9.99 discount for months.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Completely ignore that email,  Your contract and price haven't and changed, I suspect the change in the Boost discount has triggered something.

Sorry for any confusion. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hi,

Thanks for this, but yet again I've received an email which just adds to the confusion.

It correctly states the Sky Sports deal you mention, but it also says my Fibre65 price is a new contract at £35.95 when my existing one is £23.

I am then promised download & upload speeds of 0.0 Mb/s with a nice little graphic about your 'Award winning customer experience' underneath.

And like the many times before, nothing has changed on 'My Account' online as far as I can tell.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hi NevTabb

I have managed to find the discount code that will give you the sports boost for £10  for 9 months I have applied this today. 

Sorry it took so long. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Yes it's working.

Back at the start of October I agreed £10 for 9 months.

It took weeks to get it even working and when it finally did in December, the price was showing £25.

I was told to contact again after 30 days to get it corrected.

In January, I did that and was told £10 was not possible!

I agreed £20 for 24 months just to put an an end to the months of back and forth with the frustrating 'help & support'.

It's still showing £25 (a £9.99 discount which has never even been discussed).

I can't keep explaining this to different people multiple times over nearly 5 months now.

I realize I should have left long ago, but as I am no doubt bound to honour my latest 24 month Fibre65 contract, I am stuck here.

Please can someone just sort this out?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Hi

So the sports option is working ?

The sports boost is around £34 but will often have a discount applied t the account - what was the original price agreed ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hi,

My Now TV/Sky Sports membership is showing as an active add-on and has been working fine since December, but it has been the wrong price for nearly 5 months now. 

I've been told a few times that newly generated contracts will correct this, but here we are.

Like I said at the start, I have no idea where the £25 even came from.

Sorry for the moan, but I need to unload a bit every few weeks 😩

0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Hi

Our developers have now advised they can see the system is generating an email, but the Now TV option is showing as cancelled as it was not activated in time.  Are you able to select the required Now TV option via My Account online and see if it will let you add the required option.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 17 of 29

Hi, 

There's nothing that I can find at aol.com or at gmail.com (which is the account I used when I was told I needed a new email address to essentially start my account again with a new phone number a few months back)

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

Hi

can you log into the webmail version of your email and perform a search for any emails referencing NOW TV to see if these has been directed to any junk folders.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hi

I've got an email telling me about your last reply, which is a first, but no activation email.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

Hi

Can you check and see if any activation email has arrived ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes