cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Remote Access To Sagemcom Fast 5364 Router

samuipk
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I'm trying to set up remote access on my TalkTalk Sagemcom Fast 5364 router and cannot find any way to enable this. I now spend half my year abroad intermittently and certain sites i use only allow access from my home IP address as a security measure. In other words, a VPN is useless unless it's possible to hide the fact I'm using a VPN.

I just Googled remote access using a TalkTalk router and it gives instructions for:

1. Huawei HG633 & HG635
  2. Huawei HG533
  3. D-Link 3780 & 3680 

But, not the Sagemcom Fast 5364.

I have just searched the TalkTalk site for one of the above routers and can't find any of them.

Does anyone know a way around this problem, or am I better off changing suppliers? 

The router is running firmware version SG4K10002816t if that makes any difference.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Pete

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Pete,

You cannot set up remote access to the router.  You can set up remote access to a PC connected to the router and connect that way but not directly to the router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

Hi @samuipk,

If you are referring to this page, then that is not talking about allowing you as a user to have remote access, that is referring to the functionality in the router that allows TalkTalk to remotely manage your router for you. Their newer routers also have that capability, but that is probably just an old article that has not been updated.

For security reasons it is not possible for you to access the management features of your router remotely, you can only do that from your own local LAN.

0 Likes