cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Requesting a new Router - my HG635 keeps doing a factory reset

nick_andrews
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

We have been with Talktalk for some time and have had this router for many years but for the last week we keep loosing wifi as the router keeps automatically reseting to factory defalts (including the admin password!!!!)

We have checked that the line/connection is fine and that it has the latest software update (maybe this was the cause); ethernet connections work fine.

The current Router is

Super Router HG635, Hardware ver: G.1.01, Software ver: v1.14t

PS: Your support system is the worst I have ever used.  It seems to be designed to make it difficult for people to find the solution they need, and this is the only place to ask for assistance! 1/10 😞 

Nick Andrews
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Nick

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag.

Debbie

0 Likes

nick_andrews
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Debbie,

The new Router arrived on Thursday and was easy to switch over.

Everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for your help with this.

Can you clarify, do I need to return the old Router, or can I just take it to the local recycling centre? (I looks like this is fine, but don't want to get rid of it only to be asked to return it in a coulpe of weeks).  

Nick Andrews

Message 3 of 7

Hi nick_andrews

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 7

I am sure they will arrange a replacement router as soon as they can. If you want a quicker response you can call 0345 172 0088, or try Live chat, details and opening hours are here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

nick_andrews
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Ferguson,

I have managed to update my profile now, and will see how many times I have to re-enter all the router setings before this is resolved.

Nick Andrews
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

If you would like the support team here to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond. Bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes