cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Disconnection!!

rrana1981
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hi all,

Please can I get some support! I have had approx 30 disconnections from the internet over the last 3 days and to be frank really annoyed and has caused some problems on work meetings!

Been through usual diagnostics, router reset, talktalk doing all tests and telling me it's fine!

Quite frankly I'm getting irrated with this and the level of service.

Talktalk please sort this out asap. This is not acceptable levels of service.

Thankyou 

R.Rana
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi rrana1981

Apologies for this.

I've made a change to your router firmware. Please can you retest and let us know how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Great, well at least that should mean it is hopefully an easy fix, as firmware 1.06t should stop the Kernel Panic reboots. The support team here will hopefully be able to pick this post up tomorrow, but they do have to work through all of the posts from over the weekend in order, so it may be a little later in the day before they reach your post, but best to just wait for them to reply and they will then be able to upgrade your firmware.

The act of them upgrading the firmware will cause your router to drop the connection and restart, but once that is done and your are on 1.06t the Kernel Panic errors should stop.

0 Likes

rrana1981
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

Kernel panic error message has occured 55 times in the last couple of days. Hopefully the software update will resolve the issue.

R.Rana
0 Likes

rrana1981
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Thankyou that's great. Having just checked I can confirm the exact symptoms on the log and also I have 1.05t.

May I please urgently request a router firmware update to 1.06t as have some very important meetings that I could do without disconnection.

Best regards and I do hope this will get resolved asap.

R.Rana

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

There is a known issue that can affect firmware version 1.05t on that model of router, this issue can cause the router to reboot unexpectedly (i.e. the white LED will go out, then flash amber, then amber/white, before going back to white).

If running line tests has not found any faults, you see the LED behave as described above, and if your router is running firmware 1.05t then it is possible you might be suffering from that issue.

You could check for this by looking at the log in the router, you could go to the router login screen at http://192.168.1.1/ and login using the details on the label on the back of your router (underneath the pull out card), then go to the user log at :

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > Advance Configuration > Maintenance Diagnostics > User Log

Check to see if you can see any mention of the words 'Kernel Panic' in the log at around the times your router has had the problem.

If you do have any of these issues in the log then it can be easily fixed by the support team here upgrading your router firmware to version 1.06t

However, if the above does not sound like the issue you are having, the support team would be able to pick this up within a day or two to investigate further.

rrana1981
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Huawei DG8041W-2.T5

R.Rana
0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi @rrana1981,

What model of router are you using ?

The TalkTalk Support Team on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.

0 Likes