cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router Query

k3572
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi, i had a problem  yesterday lost my  internet service had the  constant Flashing orange , its going again  fine now  after taking the cable out refitting etc and rebooting the Router it came back solid white, loose connection i think, 

my query is regarding the my router dashboard, i went in to put a stronger password than the default for my wifi network but was a bit puzzled that under the  "Internet connection box"  it says Status- Disconnected- your router is not currently connected to the internet, although my internet is working fine ,  i did a Connection test result came back  fault has been fixed, hope this make sense just wondered why this is.

thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Kevin,

You could try switching the router off for 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest (but personally if it's working OK I wouldn't bother)

Chris

0 Likes

k3572
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 7

hi Debbie

there are no issue's when i run the connection test apart from the "your broadband isn't keep up with you" prompt

i had a go at disconnecting and reconnecting the cable to the router (sagecom fast 5364) but that  has made no difference  still says Status disconnected although my broadband is working fine.

cheers

kevin

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Kevin

Just checking in to see how the connection has been since your last post?

If you run a test using My Connection, does it show any issues?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

hi chris sorry about delay in replying

My Internet service is still fine no problems with it ,  just logged into to the router  wi fi hub again , still showing under the  #internet connection#  header - Status disconnected-  (your router is not currently connected to the internet), under the  #my wifi#  title it obviously says enabled  and under #my devices# it shows my 1 device a computer fine ,  the computer is upstairs from the router and main socket, so there is no ethernet cable between them i wondered if that what it was referring to though that seems a bid odd.

thanks for your reply

kevin

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi k3572,

How are you getting on, if you still need assistance please let us know

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

It can take a while for that display to update.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes