cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router disconnecting / connection issues

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 21

Hello.  My router is regularly disconnecting.  My laptop advises I have no internet connection and when I check the router the light is flashing orange and white intermittently.  This is happening several times a day.

Even when my internet is showing as working, I am still experiencing connection issues.  My wifi shows as full strength and speed tests are coming back fine, but simple apps aren't working e.g. a teams video call will keep dropping out due to 'connection issues'.  I thought it may be because of where I was in the house, so have situated myself within three foot of the router with no obstructions, but still experience the same problems.

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi zoecj

Thanks for your reply.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is showing in sync and connected.

Are you still experiencing issues?

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 21

Morning

The new route arrived the next day. Thank you.

The constant disconnections seemed to stop but I’ve still been experiencing lots off buffering / poor network quality messages on both my laptop for video calls and when using our smart tv.

This morning however we have woken up with no internet. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging and re plugging everything. It’s flashes orange and eventually just turns to a solid orange.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21
0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 21

Ok, great!  Thanks so much.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

I'd test with the new router in the normal socket initially and then the test socket if the issue continues

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 21

Thank you!  Should I replace the cover on the test socket now, so I can plug straight into that?  Or is it best to use the microfilter and test socket?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 21

Yes, that would be great, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Would you like me to send another router to test with?

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 21

No, I only have the one router.

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 21

No, I only have the one router. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 21

We do not have a house phone

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

OK thanks, are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 21

Hi.

We have two phones lines coming from the same telegraph pole coming into the house.  One goes upstairs where there is a BT open reach NTE 5C box.

The other enters the house downstairs into the socket I am using.

When we moved into the house last year we set up one phone line and number (with TalkTalk) which works via the socket downstairs.  there are no extensions to this socket. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Thanks for the information. Do you have any extension sockets or is this the only telephone socket in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 21

Hi Chris.

It was plugged into a FTTC socket by the front door with the router plugged into the top port.

I have removed the front panel and used a microfilter to connect into the test port.

It does appears a few of the wires in the box are broken... See photo attached.  Is that normal?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi zoecj,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Line test is passing but I can see that there have been some disconnections. Is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

zoecj
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 19 of 21

Ok, thank you.  I think I have complete the settings you have mentioned. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

@zoecj, please stick with this thread.  I've moved your duplicate topic out of the way.

You are in the queue for attention from staff. 

They'll need to identify your account, so please complete your community forum profile details. You need to add your Talktalk landline number or Account number by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes