cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router disconnects intermittently

Ship0262
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

I have a router, with model number DG8041W. Multiple times per day, the router drops the connection, a red light appears and after a minute or so it reconnects.

When checking the logs on the router, I see the following message immediately after it occurs:
1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER
2023-01-03 11:39:05 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2023-01-03 11:39:05+00:00], uptime is [78s].

I've contacted TalkTalk support who have done the following:

- Line Test OK - Intermittent issue persists
- Plugged microfilter into test socket - Same Issue

I've been told an engineer would be required to determine if a new router is required but based on the diagnostics I've done so far, it feels like that would be a waste of time/money when the fault looks to be with the router.

Is there any way to get a new router without waiting on an engineer, given the circumstances?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Ship0262
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Thanks for your assistance @Skynet_TX / @Karl-TalkTalk 

This has resolved my issue with dropping the connection. Thanks so much.

Bittersweet as it took one message on here to resolve vs hours on the phone with support but the main thing is that it's resolved, so thanks again!

Message 3 of 9

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ship0262
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Awesome, thanks for that @Karl-TalkTalk. I'll monitor the connection for the next few days and report back.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ship0262

I've updated the router firmware to resolve the Kernal Panic issue, see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hopefully one of the support team here will respond tomorrow, but they will still be working through the backlog of posts from over the Christmas break, so it may take them a little longer to reply.

0 Likes

Ship0262
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the response @Skynet_TX that's great to know. I've followed the steps above. Fingers crossed someone gets in touch soon so I can resolve this.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Ship0262,

This is a known bug with firmware version 1.05t, the support team here will be able to upgrade your router firmware to version 1.06t, that will resolve the 'kernel panic' errors.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include :

• Your name
  • Landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on (this is shown in ‘My Account’) OR add your account number to the ‘private notes’ section if you have Full Fibre with no landline
  • An alternative contact number

This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes