cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router doesn't save settings

Captslog
Team Player
Private Message
Message 44 of 44

Hi,

I have the Fast 5364 type router and when I use the Admin function to alter the settings, these don't stay as I left them.  The next time I come to have a look, they've reverted to default.

Each time I log out of the router page, I get a message saying...

Logging out of your Wi-Fi Hub?

Be sure to save changes to your settings first.

And the options are YES or Cancel.

So, how do I save the changes, please?

The reason I'm altering these settings is to try and establish what keeps bringing my speed down.  After weeks and weeks of messing about, two engineer visits, new router and countless hours, I'm back to 11 DOWN and 0.5 UP.  For a little while I was getting 30 D and 7 UP which was fine, But there seems to be something about my home set-up the DLM doesn't like, I think.

0 Likes
43 REPLIES 43

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 44

OK, that being the case then there is a feature known as WiFi Optimisation on the Sagemcom which operates at network level, this is designed to automate channel selection. In many cases it works well, but not always and it does override any manual changes to WiFi settings which you may have made.

It is not user selectable, but the support team here will be able to deactivate it if you wish. If you confirm this then they will make the change as soon as they can when they are back online from tomorrow. 

Message 42 of 44

I'm altering channels on the Wifi in case there is a possibility of interference from other sources.  It's one of the things recommended to me by TalkTalk online chat.  I can't see what difference it's likely to make, because the PC I use is next to the router and WIRED connection, but what the heck

I click on the 'apply' button after I've made any changes, but the changes don't stick for very long.  I'm not looking everyday to see how long they stay because I've got a life, but I know they do revert after a time.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 44

You don't say which settings you are trying to change, or why. But generally you have to apply any changes directly on the admin page concerned, usually towards the bottom of the page, rather than when logging out of the router.

0 Likes