cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

P2P filtering and limitations

nikomnht
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I know that Talktalk has a speed cap on startup and P2P filters and other limits. This is not fair because it limits the speed of our internet.

Have any of you had a similar problem and were you able to remove the locks via Talktalk?

how do i know?

By downloading various applications via VPN, my speeds are 3 and 4 times higher than by just a Talktalk connection. What gray about filtering our connections.
I can use VPN endlessly, but that's not why I set up 65mb internet to only have 10mb.

Nikodem Adamiak
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Morning,

Has there been any improvement after powering down the router for 30 minutes?

Thanks

0 Likes

nikomnht
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

now on.

Nikodem Adamiak
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

OK. could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. This will force the start of a new session. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

nikomnht
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

yes im sure.

Nikodem Adamiak
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

OK thanks. Are you sure that the game client etc are showing the download speed in Mb/s (megabits) rather than MB/s (megabytes) - just wanted to make sure as I can't see why the speed would be lower - I know Steam shows the download speed in megabytes per second by default

Chris

0 Likes

nikomnht
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

my speed is good in speedtest 60mb.

I'm not talking about the speed of my native connection, but about filtering connections, when downloading by, for example, a windows system or a game client., speeds without VPN reaches max 8 mb per second, while with VPN I have 23-30 mb., this is not the fault of the connection or the speed itself. it is the fault of your filters, which slow down the download of data. I will show you an example page with a description of bad practices by internet providers.

https://thebestvpn.uk/bypass-p2p-block/

im an engineer so i know what kind filters everyone talktalk customer have., 

Nikodem Adamiak
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK thanks. Line test is clear and current sync speed is 60.6Mbps, what sort of throughput speeds (speed test results) do you get?

Chris

0 Likes

nikomnht
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

done! 

Nikodem Adamiak
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Thanks but could you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can locate you on our systems

Chris

nikomnht
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

done!

Nikodem Adamiak
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi nikomnht,

If you are experiencing slow speeds we'll be happy to look into this for you, can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris