cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router keeps on losing connection

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Over the last few days the router keeps on losing broadband connection, which is solved by switching it off then back on again.

If left to it's own devices it does eventually reconnect with a lot of flashing orange, then flashing orange/white, back to flashing orange, back to flashing orange/white and then solid white.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

I'm really glad to hear this 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Good morning.

Thank you for your quick response.

I was also pleasantly surprised when Openreach turned up in less than 2 hours, and found and repaired a wiring fault.

All done in less than 4 or so hours.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Good morning,

I've checked and the fault has now been resolved (underground cabling fault) I've re-run the line test now which is also clear. I'll check back in with you early next week to see how the stability has been. If there are any issues in the mean time then please just post back here.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Oh no, that doesn't sound good, particulary the sewers 😞

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Original developer cutting corners 40 odd years ago, as they did with the sewer system, and that's far worse...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it won't take long for Openreach to resolve this particular fault and I'll keep you updated on the progress.

Michelle 🙂

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Excellent, thank you very much.

Didn't expect this as the whole lot has just been replaced.

I must say that since the wiring replacement the phone line has been the clearest it's been for over 10 years, and the broadband speed has increased significantly too.

Half the close have noticed the difference, the other half, unfortunately, could not be replaced because for some reason our half was run through a conduit, the other half was just buried in the ground...

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hello,

Thank you. You can now re-connect all your equipment to the line again. The line test is now showing a potential external line fault so I've passed this straight over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed and we will re-check the fault first thing in the morning for any additional updates for you.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Thanks. I'll give it 5 minutes then I'll run the test. I'll also post back to confirm once it's completed.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

I will do that right now

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Ok, would it be possible to unplug the router and phone, and any equipment connected to any phone sockets for 20 minutes so we can re-run the line test with no equipment connected to the line? Just to see what the line test shows with nothing connected?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Is there any other way of doing this?

The phone, router, and PC are in the study at the back of the house.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi again,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone (if you use one) at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again in this set up please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Thank you for the quick reply.

It does yes.

The whole wiring was recently replaced by Openreach from the junction in the pavement at the end of our drive for around 200 feet.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 15 of 16

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault towards the property and the connection looks unstable. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes