cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router webpage does not recognise router name or passwod

mackerel
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 158 of 158

I have been having recurring wifi and internet outages. I have tried to access the router, but the webpage rejects the name I had changed it to and the original name.  I am using the router password - not the wifi password.  I have just reset the router but no change.

Also, when wifi works, I can connect to an extender successfully, but NOT the router itself.

0 Likes
157 REPLIES 157

Message 121 of 158

Yes please.  Rather have continuous service

0 Likes

Message 122 of 158

Apologies, that will have been the line test I just run.

Michelle

Message 123 of 158

Interestingly, as soon as I sent my last reply the internet went away and came back again

0 Likes

Message 124 of 158

Hi again,

Ok thanks. I've run a test on your line now which is clear. The connection looks stable for almost 7 days, however I can see that intermittently at times, the SNR is dropping quite low which can sometimes affect the performance of the connection. Would you like us to try optimising the connection to see if DLM changes the profile to a slightly more stable one? This would lower the sync speed slightly, however it may provide a better overall performance.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 125 of 158

Yes - wired items too.  I haven't made a big fuss as it was pretty similar with Sky before.  Any thing you can find out from your end would be appreciated.  Occurs randomly in all respects, including frequency.

0 Likes

Message 126 of 158

Morning,

Thanks for the update. In regards to these outages, do they also affect any wired devices? (just trying to establish if it's the actual connection or the wireless which is affected) Do they seem to happen at random or at certain times of the day? How often would you say that it happens?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 127 of 158

Michelle - All seems to be working well (or as well as normal before).  Did need to do a reset as it didn't like my trying to change wifi name, but ok now.  I do get frequent short outages several times a week - which is my "normal before" - but no-one seems to know why.  Unless you do, of course.

0 Likes

Message 128 of 158

Hi mackerel,

Just checking back in to see how you're getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 129 of 158

Hi @Kmac36 

The original admin password is the one labelled "Router password", not the wireless one. It is on a label fixed to the rear of the router.

You do not say which make/model of router you have, I will guess at the Sagemcom 5364. To change the router admin password, log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > Access control > User tab

Enter the old & new passwords in the following screen & click Apply.

Anything more than this (or this does not work, or you have a different router), you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Kmac36
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 130 of 158

I'm just a customer and 1.find navigation on community really difficult.. 2. Talktalk customer help keeps me online too long with no result to my query

3. And finally, I'm having similar problem to you..  I want to change the password on my router and admin won't accept the original password.

I can't find help anywhere!

If someone reads this and can help please contact me. I'm currently waiting on Talktalk copper team since 9am today. 

0 Likes

Message 131 of 158

Hi mackerel

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 132 of 158

Michelle - yes, as long as you can guarantee it's NEW and will not need resetting.

Thanks

Message 133 of 158

Hi mackerel

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 134 of 158

Hi @mackerel 

I have not seen these issues, which makes me think this replacement router ids faulty too. I'll ask TalkTalk to replace it for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 135 of 158

Michelle - not brilliant.  Apart from the removable tab being from a different router, the router has been erratic for days.  Here is an example of the router state this morning

mackerel_0-1705917464663.png

Clearly I'm not disconnected from the internet at the moment.  Eventually, having spent all Saturday trying to get regular service, I reset what is supposed to be a new router.  Since then it has been reasonably stable, although my wireless download speed has varied between 0.33 and 18.1mbps, although the router always says it is 23.3 (never, ever, achieved).  I have even had upload speeds of 826mbps!!!!

I've just had another look pn my dashboard and this is what it shows.

mackerel_1-1705917964280.png

Something's not right!!!!

Clearly something is still wrong.  Can you tell me what you can do so that I never have to spend days pretending to be a networking expert - and failing?

0 Likes

Message 136 of 158

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 137 of 158

That is very unusual, the ones on the sticker should be correct and match those displayed in the router's UI.

Is anything working? If yes, you could try these speed test sites in case there was a problem with that site:-

https://www.supportal-test.co.uk/ 

https://www.speedtest.net/ 

Keith

0 Likes

Message 138 of 158

Keith

See reply to Michelle.  I understand about the credentials, but they should be the same.  I had the details of a completely different router on the pull-out tab.

0 Likes

Message 139 of 158

Michelle - wireless.  Just tried to do a speed check as Keith suggested and had this message

This site can’t be reached

www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk took too long to respond.

I get the same message from nearly everything I try to access - Ebay, Amazon, Facebook, AOL

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 140 of 158

The credentials on the pull out tab are for the WiFi network only. The label on the router itself repeats those and gives you the router password for use with the username admin to log into the router's UI. The community site always takes an age to load it is not your router.

Have you done a speed test, that is the best way to know if the connection is slow.

Are your devices connected via a wired (Ethernet) connection or wireless?

Keith